cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

exoric
Adept I

Ryzen 7 3800x Running at 60 C

So I just finished my build a few days ago. My Ryzen 7 3800X is running at idle 58-60 C. I have re-applied the thermal past to the wraith prism cooler and it seemed to have helped initially, but now not at all. The fan does kick in and lower it down to 55 C and then it spikes back up. I have read over most of the forms on idle temps and Mine seems to be the worst case. I have the AMD balance power plan, set to 5% for minimum power state as per another form I read suggested. Ryzen master crashes so I can't use it and honestly I tried to re-install it a dozen times using all methods in this form so at this point I can't be bothered. Its a brand new build with all new parts and its ridiculous it won't work (Ryzen master). I have the latest chip set and Bios. I am using the Asus Crosshair VIII hero, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RAM 3200 MHz, and a Corsair MP600 1TB ssd. The case is a Corsair ICUE 220T with 3 built in fans at the front blowing loads of air through. Its a grated front so it has constant air flow. I have tried everything next to sending back this CPU...... Maybe someone here has some advice. I might be getting a cooler master AIO cooler to see if that helps. Oh and I have not overclocked anything. 

14 Replies