Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

BeardyMcWhisky
Journeyman III

Ryzen 7 3800X - Asus B550i - Random slow downs

Hi friends,

I have a Ryzen 7 on an Asus ROG B550i, and have been getting these weird slowdowns that last 1-2 seconds and happen randomly (approx every 45mins or so) where the entire system just goes slow for just a couple seconds, then returns to normal. If Im watching a video or playing a game or just browsing, everything just goes stuttery and slow just for a few seconds.

I recently replaced the RAM to a listed compatible set for the MB and no change.

I'm currently liquid cooling the CPU, and its under 75 degrees under full load.

Im now at a loss as to what it could possibly be!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

0 Likes
1 Reply

I am having a somewhat similar issue since I built my Ryzen 7 3700x on a Asus X570 Motherboard.

The computer, mainly while watching videos or sometimes browsing, freezes for about 5-10 seconds intermittently. I am trying several BIOS settings to see if one of them is causing the issue.

Plus I have changed Power Plans from Ryzen to Windows.

I believe since I have Kodi running all the time that this is part of the reason for the short freezing.

When it freezes I can see my HDD LED light is solid and I keep hearing audio but the video freezes. Then when it unfreezes a few seconds later, it acts like I clicked on fast forward on the video.

I have disabled some settings via Command Prompt but so far since putting in BIOS to disable the C-States of the processor it isn't as frequent.

I have also run numerous Anti-Virus/Malware but it always comes out clean.

0 Likes