Processors

alexrivus
Adept II

Ryzen 7 3750H with VEGA 10 RAM usage.

I have an MSI Alpha 15 A3DDK laptop with 
Ryzen 7 3750H with VEGA 10 

8gig of RAM

RX5500 (4gig)

The Issue it that VEGA 10 takes 2.1 gig from my system 8 gig RAM which leaves with with only 5.9 available.

Since I use my RX5500 for any graphics heavy apps the VEGA is literally wasting 2 gigs on my RAM.
Can I disable the VEGA graphics completely (don't care about battery life that much) or at leas limit it to 1gig or less?

There's no "graphics" or any "advanced" tab in the BIOS. 
I've also updated to the last BIOS and VBIOS from the manufacture's website and got the drivers MSI offers. Newer (2020-20.2.2) gives me BSOD time after time so I stuck with the 19.30.31.01 which is the ony MSI offers. Any Ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution
alexrivus
Adept II

Here's the instruction on how to free some RAM

1) Press Right Shift+Right Ctrl+Left Alt+F2 and you'll see "hidden settings"
2) Open "Advanced" tab  and go for AMD CBS ---> NBIO Common Options ---> GFX Configuration 
3) Put the settings like this:

Integrated Graphics Controller                           [Force]

UMA Mode                                                         [UMA_SPECIFIED]

UMA Version                                                      [Auto]

UMA Frame buffer Size                                      [amount of RAM you want for APU] I recommend 512mb to 1gb.

UMA Above 4G                                                   [Disabled] or [Auto] I chose to disable it. Up to you what to do here.

NB Azalia                                                            [Auto]

photo_2020-05-12_00-15-45.jpgWorks perfectly and now I have 1.5gb more than with the default settings. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
alexrivus
Adept II

I've managed to put in down to 512mb and free up 1.5gb of RAM. If some of you guys interested I can explain how I did it.

sure

0 Likes
alexrivus
Adept II

Here's the instruction on how to free some RAM

1) Press Right Shift+Right Ctrl+Left Alt+F2 and you'll see "hidden settings"
2) Open "Advanced" tab  and go for AMD CBS ---> NBIO Common Options ---> GFX Configuration 
3) Put the settings like this:

Integrated Graphics Controller                           [Force]

UMA Mode                                                         [UMA_SPECIFIED]

UMA Version                                                      [Auto]

UMA Frame buffer Size                                      [amount of RAM you want for APU] I recommend 512mb to 1gb.

UMA Above 4G                                                   [Disabled] or [Auto] I chose to disable it. Up to you what to do here.

NB Azalia                                                            [Auto]

photo_2020-05-12_00-15-45.jpgWorks perfectly and now I have 1.5gb more than with the default settings. 

0 Likes