cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

rockovissi
Adept II

Ryzen 7 3700X Wraith Prism High Temps and Fan Speed

I just upgraded from an X370 with a Ryzen 7 1700 to a B550 with a Ryzen 7 3700X. Did I install the Wraith Prism incorrectly or is this CPU just hot? I’m using the same case, Cooler Master NR200P, everything at stock speeds, silent running CPU fan speed, etc. The case is hot to the touch where the motherboard is and the Wraith Prima constantly fluctuates and gets loud when doing the most mundane tasks like opening a program or Chrome. It’s the same TDP as a 1700. My old Asrock X370 board wasn’t causing the case to get hot and the Wraith Spire was quiet and cool, especially in my NR200P. The Wraith Prism starts off quiet when I turn my PC on but after awhile it just keeps ramping up and down. Is this just the CPU? Is it just that hot? Do I need to update my BIOS and AGESA or something? It can’t be this bad. I’m astonished that my motherboard gets so hot that my case is hot. Should I get a better CPU Cooler? Or did I install this wrong? Thanks anyone.

0 Likes
2 Replies
kurdtnz
Adept III

I ran a wraith prism on a 3600x and the constant ramping up and down of the fan drove me crazy, it was so loud! I think the wraith coolers are best described as 'adequate' but the best thing i did was swap it out for an after market cooler, massive difference in terms of noise and temp drop.

0 Likes

Thanks. That’s what I was sort of thinking. So strange because the Wraith Spire was so quiet. But yes, the fan ramping up and down and the noise levels are also killing me.