Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

salmanu
Journeyman III

Ryzen 7 3700x show up only 2 core

Hey
my pc showup only 2 cores of 8
when i download the amd ryzen master its show 2 cores works and the others are "sleep"
i've tried to update the bios and changer number of core in msconfig and still got the same issue

0 Likes
3 Replies

When you mentioned that the other CPU cores are "Sleeping" is that the same as being shown disabled in Ryzen Master? 

Check in BIOS and make sure any settings to do with CPU cores are all being shown as being enabled.

Try resetting your motherboard's BIOS back to "Factory default" by doing a CMOS CLEAR (Removing the CMOS Battery) and see if it shows up with the correct cores enabled.

Afterwards, in Ryzen Master click on the Reset Defaults and reboot the computer and see if that helps any.

Ryzen Master has two Modes: Creator and Game Modes.

Creator Mode all cores are enabled while Game Mode half the cores are disabled: Analyzing Creator Mode and Game Mode - The AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X and 1920X Review: CPUs on St... 

Do you have the latest BIOS and CHIPSET Driver installed for your Motherboard from your motherboard Support download page?

Having the latest BIOS Version will probably fix your issue if everything else above fails.

0 Likes

what are you using for a motherboard? Ryzen 3000 series work best on X570 motherboards

0 Likes
salmanu
Journeyman III

I have upgrade without format the system so i format the system and the cpu work fine with 8 cores
Iam using b450 works good