Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

thirteenth
Adept I
Adept I

Ryzen 7 3700x PBO doesnt boost to 4.4Ghz

Hi,

Sorry I was unable to post this typewritten as I kept getting an error message saying "Discussion blocked due to potentially offensive language", so I post an attached image of the question instead.

0 Kudos
23 Replies
shinkojiro
Miniboss
Miniboss

Re: Ryzen 7 3700x PBO doesnt boost to 4.4Ghz

The bios you are using doesn't contain the AGESA ABBA that fixes boost speed deficits caused by AB and ABB.

thirteenth
Adept I
Adept I

Oh I see, thankyou very much, I guess I'll wait then Asus will update to new bios.

0 Kudos
shinkojiro
Miniboss
Miniboss

If you dont want to wait for an official one, here is a beta bios here:

https://www.hardwareluxx.de/community/f248/agesa-1-0-0-3-abba-fuer-b350-boards-1245439.html#post2713... 

Flash at your own risk  but if you do, be sure to reset CMOS prior to, and use bios flashback and not the ezflash utility in bios.

I also got my Crosshair VIII formulas beta 1001 1.0.0.3ABBA bios from here.

0 Kudos
cosmicdance
Elite
Elite

These 3rd Gen Ryzen CPU s are struggling to reach their maximum boost speeds.

AMD are releasing BIOS updates on the 30th of September to address boosting issues.

Also the 4.4 GHZ is only the single core boost speed and not all cores.

My 3700x boosts to 4225 MHZ during gaming on all cores.

Andy

0 Kudos
thirteenth
Adept I
Adept I

What is your voltage and temps? What cooler do you got?

0 Kudos
cosmicdance
Elite
Elite

I use the stock Wraith Prism cooler.

My gaming temperatures are around 65c although I do use a negative voltage offset of - .100 volts.

Prior to this I was getting around 78c during gaming which was the same case with my 2700x before I upgraded to the 3700x.

The offset has no adverse effect on performance either but really does reduce temperatures.

Andy

0 Kudos
shinkojiro
Miniboss
Miniboss

Wut? They sent out the fixed AGESA to board partners around the 10th of September already. Some Boards have new bios out already, some do not.

0 Kudos
cosmicdance
Elite
Elite

Yes so owners of existing boards, like myself, will be able to download the updated BIOS on 30th September to improve boost speeds.

0 Kudos
shinkojiro
Miniboss
Miniboss

Youre giving misinformation. On September 30th there will be an SDK for monitoring software so software developers can make their monitoring software, such as HWInfo, function to the same level as Ryzen Master. That has nothing to do with boost clocks. Boost clock fix was issued September 10th, before then in actuality, to Board partners, and the time they release their bios is dependent on their own testing and validation time. Some of which already had it available within a day for select boards.

https://community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2019/09/10/ryzen-community-update-bios-updates-for-b... 

I've already shared a link to a beta bios for his particular board. They cannot make a "One Bios fits all" so they are released as they come.

0 Kudos