Did you mean: 

Processors

Crl95
Journeyman III

Ryzen 7 3700X Overheating .. 100C+ 🥵

D99720D3-E1F5-4335-9724-72F15344F5EA.jpeg

 

E6D87D5D-B43B-411C-840A-F51029498600.jpeg

 

Hello,

About a year ago, I purchased a prebuilt PC through IBuyPower. When it first arrived, I noticed the CPU temps were pretty high. Idle I would see between 57-70C.. when running a game it would sit around 87-95C. I didn’t think much of it, because I have read that these chips can get fairly hot. Well here I am a year later, and I am idling at 85-95C.. sometimes even reaching 100C+.. I am sitting in BIOS and my CPU temp is 95C. It’s gotten to the point to where my PC just shuts down once it gets too hot. I am wondering if I have a faulty pump/cooling system, or if there is just an issue with the thermal paste that was applied. (See attached pictures) I have not messed with any settings in BIOS, nor have I even attempted to overclock. I have already cleaned out all of the dust and ensured my fans are all working properly. Not really sure what else to do at this point, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

System:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

MOBO: Asus TUF X570 Plus (WiFi)

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 Super
Cooler:iBuyPower 120mm RGB Liquid Cooling System

Memory: 16 GB DDR4-3200 MHZ ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D41

0 Likes
2 Replies
qbtheslayer
Challenger

That cooler is garbage!  It's too small (120 mm AIO is not enough) and that heat plate is far too small, it does not cover the IHS very well....  even higher end ones have a trouble with the coverage, but at least they get more of it.

You could try re-applying the TIM and making sure it is seated properly, but I would be looking for another solution (air or liquid).

I have the same board and CPU and I use an iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT and it still can get toasty.  I mine on my CPU and it is pinned at 100% usage 24/7 and it only comes up to 83°C

Screenshot_7.jpg

QB

0 Likes

I have the same processor and almost the same motherboard except of being the Plus (WiFi) version I have the Pro (WiFi) version.

I didn't use the AMD Wraith Prism that came bundled with my processor since I had a 3rd party CoolerMaster Hyper212 EVO CPU Cooler.

With that CPU Cooler I get idle temperatures that are constantly changing from low 40C to high 50C depending on my room temperature.

But under CPU Stress the hottest it gets is 72C at 100% load.

So either the Ibuypower CPU Cooler isn't installed correctly or is defective or simply as the other User mentioned not powerful enough.

By the way, the Maximum Operating Temperature of your processor is 95C. So In my case I don't worry about my idle or under load temperatures unless it climbs past 85C.

0 Likes