Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Ryzen 7 3700X high temperatures

Hi,

Please try setting the Windows Power Profile to Balanced and let me know what effect this has on your results. 

misterj
Exemplar

Unfortunately, MS altered the Windows Balanced Power Plan in 1903 to be much more aggressive.  I suggest you alter the plan and reduce the Maximum to well less than 100%, like 50% or less.  It will limit your performance.  It is a trade-off.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes
cheezeartz
Adept I

Hey matt, I reset the CMOS again and changed the power plan, however my CPU is still pegged at 4.2 Ghz at 1.3-1.4 volts permanently...

0 Likes
cheezeartz
Adept I

Sounds a bit depressing to cut the performance of a € 360 Chip because something unfixable is messed up... but I think I will do this until some updates are rolled out.

0 Likes
misterj
Exemplar

cheezeartz, I think your processor is working as designed/intended.  Please open an AMD Online Support Request.  Register your unhappiness.    If you were to install a much more effective cooler the temperatures will probably go down a lot.  I think AMD did a very poor job of explaining all this to its buyers.  Please watch this, from AMD.  John.

cheezeartz
Adept I

Hey Matt,

I just wanted to report back that after setting the power plan to balanced, resetting the bios again and putting an offset voltage of -.1v, the CPU idles at 1volt with wallpaper engine running, which seems fine I guess?

Why is is then that the Ryzen Power Plan gets recommended most of the time?

owisun
Adept I

Hello.Ok,need help!

Asus strix x470-i and Ryzen 3700x bios 2304-2406

Yesterday I got my new 3700x and after bios update from 2304 to 2406 i put the new processor in and the problems started like never before!

- My g.skill 3200 cl14 is set to 2133 at 1,2v any attempt to oc d.o.c.p or manual is an instant crash and no boot only after clear cmos!

- Even if i don't touch anything in bios I cant read the temperatures with any program: nzxt cam, corsair icue, hwinfo u name it! Mabye just in Ryzen master and even there I'm not sure 50 degrees in idle??? (nzxt x42 140 mm aio push'pull).

Performance is lower in any benchmark vs my old 2700x!

Also, I have another g,skill kit 3600mhz cl16 also b. die but the same story!

Have you guys had any problems with the new ryzen 3000?

What i miss here ? Any help is appreciated, thx!

0 Likes
winwiz
Journeyman III

75c is ok for a 8c/16t CPU with a high performance but low noise (rpm) cooler, so I would not worry about it.

0 Likes
advanced3
Adept I

Really!?!

You advise to cut the performance in half and then have the nerve to claim " your processor is working as designed/intended" 

Wow. 

advanced3
Adept I

"@ only 85c when 95c is the limit" 

Dude cmon....

That's like saying " the tachometer in my car goes to 10k rpm, so I must be able to safely shift there." 

0 Likes