cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

przemek281241
Journeyman III

Ryzen 7 3700X frequency is always above 4 GHz

Why the CPU's frequency always stays in turbo mode even if CPU usage is only 2%? My previous Intel's CPU automatically droped frequency when needed thus reducing power consumption. My motherboard is Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite with F4g BIOS and OS is Windows 10 1903.

0 Likes
8 Replies
tanarotte
Adept I

run a command powercfg.cpl and change your plan to power saver. All of the rest are broken as f, will run 1.45v all core while watching desktop. . . .

(use the microsoft pwoer saver profile not the AMD one as it will run your cpu at near constant 1.5V 4.25ghz to the moon and back for no freaking reason what so ever).

winwiz
Journeyman III

AMDs latest updated Balanced power plan isn't broken.

Don't believe the frequencies or voltages reported by any software besides Ryzen master.

So open Ryzen master and select press the home button to watch real voltages and temps.

0 Likes

Pretty much same issue, same mobo as this guy and only using Ryzen Master to monitor and balanced power plan - same results. (more: https://community.amd.com/message/2924713 ) 

Voltage pretty much always above 1,4v when just browsing and doesnt drop below 4,10Ghz. I'm pretty clueless here.

0 Likes
darkarvan
Journeyman III

GeForceExperience is forcing this. I removed it (closing doesnt help) and CPU goes to 0.8V in Idle

0 Likes

I can uninstall geforce experience but still keep the drivers, right? 

0 Likes

Yes

5900X | Sapphire Nitro+ 7900XTX
0 Likes
masterpost
Journeyman III

Go into your bios/UEFI, there should be a configuration turned off which I do not know the name from by heart.

0 Likes
noa
Adept I

Same issue here with 3700x on a BG x570 Aorus Elite. ALL power plans are broken including the Power Saver plan. Power saver sets the vcore to 0.9xx an the frequency at whatever % you set as the minimum value, for me it is 3.5GHZ as i set the minimum value at 99%. It stays there no matter what i do, idling, web browsing or playing some intense game( it sits there like there is no tomorrow ). Any other plan it idles at 0.9-1.0V and it jumps the frequency between 3.5-4.3. Even the slightest mouse activity and the voltage goes crazy 1.45+ and 4.25-4.3GHZ because it is needed, moving the mouse is a heavy task for my new CPU . I really hope we get a fix soon, i am tired of this issue.

PS: I think ryzen master reads the temps wrong. I mean, it shows 34C but i hear my Cooler RPM go up so...

0 Likes