Journeyman III

Ryzen 7 3700X Clock Watchdog Timeout BSoD

Recently I build a brand new PC with the following specs:

Ryzen 7 3700X

Nvidia 2070 super

MSI X570 MEG ACE

A-DATA XPG SSD M2 1TB

Cooler Master H150i PRO

I build this PC back in July-2 2020 and the latest version of Windows 10 was installed (2004), I used the PC since that day for play games or for work without any Issue but yesterday July-25 2020 I got the BSoD with de information Clock Watchdog Timeout while I was playing a game that previously I played on this PC before, then the PC restarted. I tried to resume the game but every time a tried to do that I got the same issue. After that  I tried to browse on youtube but I got the same issue, I made a clean install of windows 10 and that didn't solve the issue. I tried to reinstall windows using and old ssd that I have from my old pc (Ryzen 7 1800x)  but I still getting the same BSoD.

Please I need some info and help in order to fix this issue.

0 Likes
1 Reply
pizzaslut
Journeyman III

so I’ve been experiencing the same issue where I couldn’t even get windows to re install after the crash from the research that ive done it looked as if it was a cpu issue where it has a timing problem with its threads try going into bios raising your cpu voltage if you see it’s low and turn off the cpu core boost that did the trick for me and mine wouldn’t last for more than a min while trying to install windows 

0 Likes