Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

NJ_Baby
Journeyman III

Ryzen 7 3700X Cinebench R23/RTX3060 TI BIOS

Hello all,
I recently just finished building my first PC and it has been one hell of a ride. I’ve been stressing my BIOS settings, CPU temps, and wondering if I’m doing anything wrong. I just reset my BIOS settings and disabled PBO and enabled DOCP and undervolted by -0.0065 I believe which isn’t much. I recently just did a Cinebench R23 test on multi core and single core and came with Multi-Core score of 11819 and Single-Core score of 1280 with MP ratio at 9.23x. During the test of the multi core, my cpu temperature didn’t go above 68-69 and during the single core test I didn’t see it go over 62 in Ryzen Master and my CPU volt was at 1.449. On idle my CPU temp is at 36.5-40 and when I open up a browser or YouTube it jumps to 54 degrees then drops back down which I assume is normal? Since I’m not the best techy and kind of nervous/overthinking things I thought I might get some opinions here if possible. If I run a stress test in Ryzen Master my temps don’t go above 67 and my volts are at 1.368. I would appreciate if someone were to help guide me to what I should be changing if I just reset the BIOS settings to default for just normal gaming use. Any advice or help is welcome and I really appreciate all of you. 

My PC specs are
Ryzen 7 3700X
Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus (Wifi) Mobo
Asus Tuf GeForce RTX 3060 TI
16 GB Crucial Ballistix Ram
1 TB M.2 Samsung SSD

Thank you very much!

0 Likes
1 Reply
qbtheslayer
Challenger

I have the same board (minus the wi-fi) and same CPU.

I settled on a -0.125 undervolt and I just "enable" PBO in the "Precision Boost Overdrive" section (not the AMD CPU BIOS section). Leave everything else on "Auto"...  Also set "Performance Enhancer" to "Default"...  I think auto is Level 1 and we don't want this doing anything.

CB_R23.jpg

Also this score is achieved by disabling everything in my startup and running with my cooler at max...  If I run this right now as is with everything in the background running I will score much lower.

Edit:  Oof, that was interesting.  I just ran it while browsing and doing stuff:

CB_R23.background.jpg

QB

0 Likes