cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

qbtheslayer
Challenger

Re: Ryzen 7 3700X BSOD fixed when down clocking?

That is some very bad info...  Clearly something is very wrong. 

Just to be clear, on this new board you have the latest BIOS, restored said BIOS to defaults, and also have the latest chipset drivers using a Ryzen Power Plan?

If so, and it is still crashing...  then I think that the CPU may be at fault.

Were you able to test another power supply?

QB

0 Kudos
runen
Adept I

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I run the latest BIOS version, I have reset the BIOS and the latest AMD chipset drivers and using the Ryzen Balanced Power Plan.

Furthermore, I have replaced my powersupply just to be sure that it is not faulty.

After downclocking the CPU I have not experienced any crashes. Is that still an indication on a faulty CPU?

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

If using the 35 multiplier definitely solves the problem, then the chances that the processor or motherboard are physically damaged or that there is a problem with the PSU are very very unlikely. You can use the processor in its original settings. If there is a physical problem, I suggested reducing the multiplier to understand it. 

You can fix the problem by manually giving the core voltage without changing the multiplier. However, since I do not use Ryzen, I cannot give the necessary value for the solution with certainty. Goodbye...

0 Kudos
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

I made a suggestion and did not explain why. OP is getting an error with voltage regulation. Somehow the BIOS is not applying the voltage that should apply.

OP taken a new motherboard. Possibly the same model. If changing the multiplier solves the problem, this problem is solved without changing the multiplier. Processor 12Vs of each PSU are very stable, and even Threadrippers can be run by the lowest PSUs. Changing the multiplier wouldn't solve the problem if the PSU was already faulty.

In short, the problem is not with the PSU and the CPU. If changing the multiplier solves the problem, the error should not be sought with the CPU or the PSU.

0 Kudos
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

If you want, look at this... RMA Processing for faulty cpu 
The number of people with the problems is very limited. But we should consider the possibilities... Goodbye...

0 Kudos