cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

enjoypain
Adept I

Ryzen 7 2700x | Temperatures | Jumps MHz !

Hi, im new there, and first time buy pc with AMD cpu, and sorry for my English.

All system new, i change only XMP profile for RAM...

My system:

Ryzen 7 2700x + BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 4

Asus X470 PRO

Asus GTX 1080ti Strix OC

G-Skill Trident Z 3200MHz

CHIEFTEC Force CPS-650S

After instal new windows and update drivers + update bios to last version, i cant undarstand what there going

CPU take random voltage from 0.5v to 1.5 without any need for this... i run system and do not start any program, looking to Aida65 / MSI Afterburner and HWiNFO64 .. and see holly crap voltage jumping ..

After voltage jump, i see boost MHz from 3.2 to 4.3, without any run programm ??

Themperatures 50c with idle and 80c with load..

When system idle, themp jumping 40-65, i close all programs and see in MSI Afterburner, how CPU have 47c after 1s he jump to 67c and after another 1s he jump to 55c, and i see this all time..

that CPU broken ?
Look my image / vid pliz..

https://youtu.be/eYzpGkL4XDk​ and https://youtu.be/TfrA82RMQsA

Ty for help

0 Likes
5 Replies
enjoypain
Adept I

what i find :

1.png

and

2.png

this is normal ?

when u switch to balanced u see power degress?

0 Likes

enjoypain, as you probably know, I cannot read the foreign language screenshots.  Ryzen Master (RM) is the only reliable reporter for CPU temperatures.  I doubt your CPU is broken.  Your processor specifications:

2700X.jpg

Many users talk about voltages, clocks and temperatures jumping around.  Unless there is something bad happening, I think this is probably OK.  Please concentrate on RM and not all the others you posted.  Make sure you are running the latest AMD chip set drivers from the AMD download site ONLY.  You should run the Ryzen Balanced power plan.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Ty for answer!

Make sure you are running the latest AMD chip set drivers from the AMD download site ONLY - yeah i download chip set driver from Asus (my motherboard asus..)

When i run Ryzen Balanced power plan and looking to RM i see EDC (CPU) all time 100% of 140A, if i use standart windows economy power balance  EDC dow to 20-30% of 140A

There i use AMD Ryzen balanced power plan

Screenshot_1.png

There i use standart windows balanced power plan

Screenshot_2.png

Why system in idle take 4100-4200MHz with AMD balanced plan ?

0 Likes

enjoypain, are you happy with the performance?  Have you got the latest AMD chip set drivers from AMD?  Often MB vendor drivers are down level.  I cannot answer your question about 4100-4200 at idle.  What is the CPU utilization?  You do understand that you can increase EDC up to 168 Amps?  It is OCing.  I think the AMD power plan is for performance and W10 is not.  In this case your temperatures are good.  You should choose the plan that you are most happy with using.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes