cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

AT96
Journeyman III

Ryzen 7 2700x temperature

Will the lifespan of the Ryzen 7 2700x processor be affected if it often operates at temperatures of 77 - 82 degrees?
0 Likes
1 Solution

That is really hard to say. While it is in the range of normal, in fact well with in range. The question is that temp an idle temp or occasional temp under load? If you are always getting a temp like that or worse you might want better cooling, but even as you are will get many years of use more than likely without a problem. Nobody can say for sure but a normal temps running at near max temp for instance may mean a processor fails in a 7 to 10 year range than, a 9 to 15 year range for instance. In almost all cases they never fail and will be replaced do to obsolescence long before failure is an issue.

I can tell you that I use a Cooler Master 212 evo on my 3700x and it keeps temps a lot cooler than the stock fan and they run about 35 bucks if you wanted to look into better cooling.

You likely have no issue as is though. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

That is really hard to say. While it is in the range of normal, in fact well with in range. The question is that temp an idle temp or occasional temp under load? If you are always getting a temp like that or worse you might want better cooling, but even as you are will get many years of use more than likely without a problem. Nobody can say for sure but a normal temps running at near max temp for instance may mean a processor fails in a 7 to 10 year range than, a 9 to 15 year range for instance. In almost all cases they never fail and will be replaced do to obsolescence long before failure is an issue.

I can tell you that I use a Cooler Master 212 evo on my 3700x and it keeps temps a lot cooler than the stock fan and they run about 35 bucks if you wanted to look into better cooling.

You likely have no issue as is though. 

Imposter_Sus
Journeyman III

I'm going through the same thing. I just built this pc and it's cooking. Having Chrome open I'm showing 36c for temp. Earlier, the system shut off during a game. As the other person said, consider a better cooler. I just ordered the 212 rgb black. I'm going to miss how pretty this stock cooler is, but I can't safely game and that was the whole point of building this computer. 

0 Likes

FYI 36 is great. That is a good normal idle temp. Unless your are approaching 90 you have nothing to worry about either.

0 Likes

I was playing a game and mid game the computer shut off. I waited a couple minutes and cut it back on. I had no choice but to wait because it wouldn’t immediately cut back on.

0 Likes