Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

angelomaikel12
Journeyman III

Ryzen 7 2700x, PC suddenly froze and when restarted my system will not boot

Hi,

I finished building my first rig about 2 weeks ago, been using it for a couple hours a day, maybe 5-6 hours, doin' some stuff, like web browsing, playing either Dota2 or PUBG. Been monitoring gpu and cpu temps while playing, but all temps seem to be normal. About my 2nd week of using this unit, it suddenly froze when I'm browsing the web and watching sa youtube vids. I waited for a couple of seconds and maybe a minute or so, but nothing responds. So forced I shut downed my unit. And then when I turned it on, it tells "no display" on my monitor. Btw, all fans are working, as well as gpu's fans were spinning at first and also my cooler's. My ram's lighting also works and my mobo's also. Checked psu's fan, and it's also spinning.

So my rig consists the ff:

Ryzen 7 2700x

MSI B450 Tomahawk Max

2x8gb team T-force delta RGB DDR4 3000MHz CL16 (not listed on QVL)

Galax GTX1660Ti 6gb 1-Click OC 

Seasonic M12II bronze 750W

Samsung 970 evo plus 500gb NVMe M.2

ID-Cooling Auraflow x 240

What I've tried to do so far:

-reseat ram; insert 1 ram only (tried either of the units individually)

-reseat gpu; also tested gpu to other unit ,gpu was identified.

-reseat cpu

-reset cmos; tried shorting and also tried removing the battery itself.

-reseat m.2

-unplug and replug psu's cables

-checked all cables connected to the mobo

-tried using different port from my gpu, been using dp port, tried to connect to hdmi

Everything listed above didn't made any sort of fix to my system, system still doesn't boot, will not reach even the bios, mouse and keyboard doesn't light up.  "No display" still shown on my monitor.

I'm unaware of the QVL before I purchased my components  D'ya think it's a ram issue? or cpu? Can someone help me here? 

0 Likes
5 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

angelomaikel12, I doubt it is your memory and you have run all the appropriate tests.  Does you MB have any debug lights, like CPU?  I am afraid something busted.  Please report the MB debug lights.  The only other thing I can think of is try another PS.  Could you borrow one?  Sorry,  John.

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yup, I got 4 debug light (cpu, dram, vga, i forgot the other one),  and nothing lights up when everything is installed when I boot. I tried also removing ane component, e.g. my ram, the debug light for ram lit. I hope it's just a ram issue. Okay, I'll try to borrow psu from my friend. Btw, thanks again for responding.

0 Likes

Thanks, angelomaikel12.  You are welcome.  Please connect a speaker to your header for beep codes.  I would expect the RAM light to glow if there is no RAM.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

No beep codes for my mobo model sir. Just 4 dedicated LED. Yep, RAM light did glow when I removed the installed RAMs.

0 Likes

Thanks, angelomaikel12.  In general, MSI has beep codes and I have a speaker attached (I had to buy it) to my MSI MB.  The only thing I can thing of now is a short on the back of the MB.  I would suggest you remove the MB and place it of a piece if wood or cardboard, not static bag, connect and test.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes