cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

eqzxtic
Journeyman III

ryzen 7 2700x idle voltage is up to 1.48 max with xmp enabled

i enabled xmp to get the ram speed that says on the box. it went fine for a few days, me actually not paying attention to the voltages, then i saw that idle voltage is 1.35~1.488 max

with xmp disabled the voltages are 1.3~1.3 max idle

0 Likes
6 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

You may not need to select an XMP profile. Reset the BIOS and after restart, go in the BIOS again and try to set only the RAM(s) speed from the advanced BIOS settings. Then go to the Userbenchmark website and test the system and make sure your RAMs are working with dual mode.

0 Likes

ok will try when i get home

0 Likes

mstfbsrn980 wrote:

You may not need to select an XMP profile. Reset the BIOS and after restart, go in the BIOS again and try to set only the RAM(s) speed from the advanced BIOS settings. Then go to the Userbenchmark website and test the system and make sure your RAMs are working with dual mode.

userbenchmark is not all that good

I suggest that XMP is not at fault as I use that with my G.Skill RAM  and it is not a problem

I do not pay much attention to the voltage on my CPU, it works and that is all I care

0 Likes

I often recommend the Userbenchmark website. There are three reasons for this. First, it's easy. Secondly, it tests the hardwares that determines the overall performance. Third, it provide to compare with other users and know if you have the performance it should be.

In short, it does not matter if the Userbenchmark website gives lower scores for AMD hardwares. The important thing is to easily measure the performance loss for each hardware.

Edit: AMD RAM performances are low. The reason for this is not the Userbenchmark website.

0 Likes

3D Mark is more balanced but it is commercial (UL needs funding)

0 Likes
kruemel44
Journeyman III

Maybe you could give it a Try to undervolt the Processor a Little bit, for that, you just Need to move in your Bios, under Tweaking Tab, you should see the different Voltage´s for Processor, Soc an so on, if you do, select the item beside´s Core Voltage, select Offset, below that,  a new Menu should Show up, labeled Offset Sign select -, below that try any value between 0,02500-0,07500, i don´t know the capability of your Specific Prossesor, this wise you should be able to reduce Voltage to 1,35 maximum and also reduce the temperatures of your Processor in Idle and also under Heavy Load.

If your Computer isn´t able to start with the Offset Value you have typed in and Safed, do not worry then you just Need to reset the Bios, and type in a lower Value for the Offset.

I don´t know, why they blast this much Voltage on their Chips, but it do not Need this much.

0 Likes