cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

CaptNeckBeard
Journeyman III

Ryzen 7 2700x Idle temp from Spike from 36c to 50 c

Hi, I was writing this post due to the temp spikes of my Ryzen 7 2700x as it will will be sitting at 36c-40c put then just shoot up 10c to 50c or a little more.

I did some info browsing for the past day found the Ryzen master app as well as people saying they have similar issues. It says my EDC was at 65%-85% with Ryzen master every ten seconds or so and then shoot up to 99% for a second or two. The same goes for my CPU utilization. I don't or at least haven't seen any programs really causing the spikes but they just happen, and because they do the temp spikes with it but just for a moment or I assume.

I've also tried switching between high and balance power but they yields close results with high being even more sporadic. I've heard mixed results whether or not this is bad, but I'm sure my CPU has been doing this since I've gotten it; nor has it given me any issues. I'm just not sure if this is bad or not normal for my CPU. Can anyone let me know if this problematic? SpecsSpecs

0 Likes
2 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Hi, that's pretty normal specially if you have the Wraith Cooler. (Which is not bad at all)

I had 30-40 idle, 40-55 browsing, 60-65 gaming, 65-75 editing and some spikes here and there when the room temps were high, like 25ºC

1200rpm on the fan at max (I think) because I wanted a very quiet pc.

If you want better temps and can afford an AIO, go for it. I caught a Ryujin 240 with a special price, just amazing!

The Englishman
ryzen_type_r
Challenger

36 to 50 isn't really all that bad, considering that you likely have background services or applications running that cause increased CPU utilization.  System services, antivirus/antimalware software, mobo utilities, even monitoring software needs to use the CPU.

Unless you're noticing something really abnormal like idling at 60C, I wouldn't worry about it.