cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

blithe
Journeyman III

Ryzen 7 2700x All Core %100 Load Clock Speed

Hello. I've recently built new system.with Ryzen 7 2700x, MSI B450 Tomahawk, Xpg 8GBx2 3200mhz Ram. I am using my cpu at stock clock (no oc'ed) and default bios settings with stock cooler. Only XMP 2 profile actived in Bios and Amd power plan actived in Windows 10 power settings too. Also bios, drivers and Windows uptodate.

While playing game, my cpu clock jumps to max 4.075mhz and 3.8 GHZ while stress testing (prime95 etc). Cpu temps jumps max. 75 celsius while stress test and max 60 celsius while gaming.

From what I see in YouTube and some forums, people getting 4.0ghz all core load while stress test and 4.2 - 4.3 ghz while gaming without OC and with stock cooler.  So I am asking; Is 3.8 GHZ all core load and 4.075mhz while gaming normal? Or my cpu underperforming?

0 Likes
3 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

blithe, please post a screenshot of the latest Ryzen Master.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

Adsız.png

0 Likes

Weird, blithe.  The CPU voltage is really low, why is that?  Usually runs over 1 volt to 1.25.  Did you install a fresh copy of W10 and Clear CMOS after finishing your system?  The only temperature report to trust is from Ryzen Master (RM) and none other.  Has RM ever reported those high temperatures?  Here are your processor specification:

2700X.jpg

CPU maximum is 85C.  Enjoy, John.

EDIT:  Please make sure you have the latest AMD drivers from AMD's Driver Download site ONLY!

0 Likes