cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

ballonbachus9
Newcomer

Ryzen 7 2700x 2.2 Ghz while gaming

I recently upgraded my PC with a Ryzen 7 2700x and the TUF B450M-PRO Gaming everything went pretty smooth, but while I am gaming the clock speed is stuck at 2.2 Ghz with a voltage of 1.340/1.330. I tried with Ryzen Master, nothing has changed. I did´t change anything in the BIOS. What could be the issuse: Windows, BIOS?

Please help me I am desperate!

Thank you!

0 Likes
4 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

ballonbachus9, you should always install a fresh copy of Windows after significant HW changes, an absolute must for processors.  You and others here seem not to know this and seem not to read these threads.  You are lucky - at least your system boots.    Please format your C: and install a nice fresh copy of W10 DLed from MS.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Thank you for your response! I found out my PC was on Power Saver.

What are the benefits of installing the operating system from scratch? can I not reset to default windows from the settings? It is my first time doing something like this, so I am very ignorent about it! 

Thank you again, and I am looking forward to your response

0 Likes

Using Windows Power Saver plan will cause your CPU to run at 2.2 GHZ so check it os set to Balanced.  

Andy

0 Likes

Thank you Andy, 

Yes Windows was on Power Saver! Now I am getting the normal clock speed of a Ryzen 7 2700x 

0 Likes