Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

virgilluchiha
Journeyman III

Ryzen 7 2700 (Stock) keep lagging can't do simple task

hi,

super noob here. i just got

ryzen 7 2700 3.2 - (boost 4.1) all stock don't know how to boost it, don't want to.

asrock b450 steel legend (Motherboard)

trident z ddr4 3200 16 gb 2x8gb (Ram) in slot A1 and B1

GTX 1070TI

PSU 850w 80 gold plus

3TB HHD

DVD rom drive

completely new build, need help, just want it to work. sometimes it freezes and take 5 to 10 mins.

my 5nd AMD build, 1st Ryzen build, all other builds were with phemon and lower.

its not the 2700x or e,a,u, just 2700

0 Likes
24 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

virgilluchiha, I do not think those are correct slots for your memory.  Please check your manual.  Please post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM) - simply drag-n-drop image into your reply.  Please do a Clear CMOS according to your manual.  That looks like Intel memory to me not AMD.  Is it on your Qualified Vendor List for memory?  What speed are you running it?  Please get your machine very stable, completely stock, before you start OCing.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

I'm not trying to OC it at all. I just want it to work properly. I just got the amd ddr4 3200 ram slot a2 and b2, it read in the bios that it's 3200 too, which is good, the other ram was Intel. So it's been swapped out. Just did a fresh install of windows thats what took so long. It laggy a little bit, it freezes from time to time. And some apps take 10mins to open. About to install the ryzen master now.

0 Likes

here is what i see with the ryzen master. pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes

Thanks, virgilluchiha for the screenshot.  It really has me thinking.  You do have the memory in the correct slots now.  I need to know exactly what memory you have - F4-3200C16D-16GTZRX?  Are you running an XMP profile?  Usually memory speed defaults to SPD speed, 2133 to 2400MHz, not 3200 Mhz.  Please follow the instructions in your manual and do a Clear CMOS.  I am very puzzled by the RED EDC on RM.  Is your W10 (version?) a fresh DL from MS Media Creation Center?  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Cleared cmos, F4-3200C16D-16GTZRX, It's now showing in the bios, DDR4-2133.. IM USING WINDOWS 10, PRO 64BIT, 1809. And going to run ryzen master again. And see what happens. And idk if I'm running an xmp profile.?

0 Likes

Thanks, virgilluchiha.  The Clear CMOS killed the XMP and reduced the memory speed to 2133 MHz.  Please post another screenshot of RM.  The XMP default is Auto and results in SPD speed, in your case 2133 MHz.   Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

its been in between 94-100, and anytime I run GeForce experience it, freezes. so I haven't ran the program yet. as i'm typing and its going to 99-100. and it just froze while I was typing for 2 mins..

0 Likes

0 Likes

I got it down to 78-100 by clicking the game mode tab at the bottom and applying and testing. and programs are able to open up with out freezing. and when I restart my computer Ryzen master act like I never even applied the setting and I cant even see my RM screenshot I sent.

0 Likes

I have the xmp setting set to Auto..

It says I can load profile "XMP 2.0 Profile 1: DDR4-3209 16-18-18-32 1.35V" but I just have it on auto.

0 Likes
noodles59
Miniboss

My thoughts:

I had stability issues with XMP 3200 (not Auto) after building my first Ryzen - the solution for me was using the slower XMP 3000 for the first two weeks .. then switched back to 3200 and all was fine from the on.

Another tip is not using the AMD Ryzen Power Option coz there is no idle-speed drop to 2200 - use the Win10 Balanced and it will work nicely!

0 Likes

I'm going to try the Microsoft balance.. I just hope it work.

0 Likes

It didn't work.. it act like nothing is wrong with it when I open RM, and click game mode tab. And do the apply and test stress. Is there a way not to have to keep doing this when ever I restart my computer. Is anything defects that I should be worrying about. I don't want to get anything Intel.

0 Likes

virgilluchiha, please tell what you are trying to do and I will try to help.  Power plans should have little or no effect on stability problems.  I have lost track what we are trying to accomplish.  Please post another screenshot of RM and let's see if we can restart.  Exactly tell us what lagging means and if you still have it.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

misterj

lagging as in like when I got to open the start menu on the desktop or like when I'm typing it freezes, for 1- 2 sec. its super noticeable. when I lunch Ryzen master I click on game tab at the bottom and apply test stress, it stop it from lagging, and let programs like GeForce experience, run with out telling me to restart my computer over. but It stay lag free until I restart my computer, then I have to run the Ryzen Master and do it all over again, and here is another screen shot, idk the other ones didn't show up when I put them on here.ryzen master4.png

0 Likes

virgilluchiha, thanks.  Does your system lag when NOT in Game mode?  Please post a screenshot of RM running in Game mode.  On my system, Game mode disables 24 of my 32 cores.  It would not surprise me if my system lagged with 75% of my cores disabled.  Also before you take a screenshot, please expand RM to full screen.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

yes it lag when not in game mode, 

this is with gamemode applyed and stress tested. i have only 8 cores and they all be moving up and down. EDC 45% - 99%, ryzen master6.png

here is it when I opened up Ryzen master just looking at it. EDC is always between 92% - 100%. Im like scared to install photoshop on here, cause I know for a fact that it will use more power and most likely have a longer lag time.

ryzen master5.png

0 Likes

Thanks, virgilluchiha.  I am going to do some RM studying.  If you have not, please DL QRG (Quick Reference Guide) from the bottom of RM download page.  Make sure you are running RM version 1.5.3.0902, the latest.  Your memory is running at 2133 MHz.  Does it help if you set it to 3200 MHz?  Are you willing to OC?  If so we can try to get rid of the RED EDC.  Remember AMD's warning about voiding the warranty.  Does using Game Mode void the warranty?  I'll let you know what I learn.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Yes i have the last update, and game mode don't really change the base, it stay at 3.2g, i haven't tried over clocking anything yet, but I'm going to call asrock and see if there anything to do from the motherboard stand point, i just hope it's a defective motherboard, so it can just be RMA it.

0 Likes

virgilluchiha, the biggest surprise in reading the QRG:RM-QRG1.jpg

The question is does Game Mode help?  If not, do not use it.  I really think we need to address the RED EDC.  If you are willing to OC, let me know and we will see if that helps.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

That i don't get, when i run game mode it take away the freezing completely, it lag for about .5-1sec. and it let the EDC go down by almost 50% but it still fluctuate in between 50% to 100%. I want to get rid of the red EDC. I have the stock heatsink, so would i need to buy a better one.?

0 Likes

virgilluchiha, now I am confused.  What freezing?  I need to see a RM screenshot while you run in Game Mode.  You should not need a new CPU cooler.  Your maximum temperature is 95C, so you have lots of headroom.  Please remember that I do not work for or speak for AMD.  I would start by selecting Profile 1, setting Precision Boost Mode active and raising EDC to what ever value you are comfortable with below 175 Amps.  I would suggest 'Apply and Test'  to make sure it runs OK.  If it goes well, run your game and see how it goes.  Please post a screenshot of RM and let me know if you see any freezing or lagging.  If the EDC approaches 100% again, then decide it you want to try a higher limit.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

Is resizeable bar on? if so try shutting it off or turn off xmp profile.

0 Likes

This a long previous AMD Forum thread concerning EDC at 100%: Ryzen Master EDC at 100%? 

amdmatt answers from above AMD Thread about how to resolve the issue is which what billy72‌ in this on-going thread here (Ryzen Master me muestra que tengo el EDC al 100% y no toque nada de BIOS ni del programa ) also mentioned:

From above billy72‌ link:

Please check the latest BIOS version for your motherboard and select <Balanced> as power plan on Windows Control Panel>System & Security>Power Options.

IMO you shouln't be worried about EDC value at 90 or 100%, is a normal behavior when the power plan selected is <AMD Ryzen> or <High Performance>

But you might want to read the whole thread which also suggests some BIOS settings being disabled to keep EDC below 100%.