cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

rdoc11
Newcomer

Ryzen 7 2700 not boosting problem

Hello, I just bought a R7 2700 and I was doing some benchmarks untill I noticed that the cpu, when using all cores, it's frequencies wouldn't go past 3.4GHz. Now the label says that the base clock is 3.2GHz with turbo boosting until 4.1Ghz.

Is it possible to get the boost on all cores? Or is the 4.1 frequency only reachable individually ?

I attached 2 images, one when the CPU reached 3.9 on one core, and the other shows the CPU stats when I was benchmarking using all cores.

My spec is:
Mobo: Asrock SteelLegend B450
RAM: 2x 8GB RipJaw V 2400Mhz

PSU: Seasonic S12 620W

PS: With this same board I used a R5 1600 before, and I'm pretty sure I saw it using the (boosted) 3.6GHz on windows task manager, tho I can't confirm this right now.

0 Likes
3 Replies

Max speeds are governed as much by the cooling solution as anything 

larger water coolers are more effective and they are popular

0 Likes

I understand what you're saying but the fact is that the temperatures you see on the screenshots are between 45ºC and 55ºC which shouldn't be something that caps the CPU I guess.

0 Likes

My CPU bounces around depending on the mode it is in. I use the quiet mode which slows the CPU more than the gaming mode.

My cooling solution is very efficient and my CPU never gets very warm. I have lots of fans in the box so no heat can accumulate.

0 Likes