cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

XxZorro13xX
Adept I

Ryzen 7 2700 NON-X not turboing

Okay so I know there are tons of articles on this and I feel I have read all of them and tried everything.  Right now I am sitting with a fresh install of windows, bios has been reset.  All waiting for your suggestions.

I have prior to this point checked to see if I have manually OC’d the chip, and it does this beautifully.  

i just recently upgraded to my Asus MB, I had an Asrock x370 before and it was being janky, and I assumed this issue was because of that.  Plus I wanted support for the 5000.  But the problem persists.  The CPU will not go over 3.325ghz, single core or multi core.  In fact multi core benchmarks make it throttle down,  even though temps are low 60c.  Voltage never goes above 1.1v.  I really don’t understand what is wrong, everything is seated good, temps are good.  Drivers and OS are fresh and I am using them ryzen balanced power plan.

Thank you all in advance.

MY SYSTEM:

corsair 850w 80+ Gold

RYZEN 7 2700 + wraith spire cooler

24gb patriot ram @ 2400Mhz

Asus Tuf Gaming B550-Plus (WiFi)

rx560 (had a 5700 Xt but sold it and made some $$)

boot drive: Samsung evo 860, 256gb

couple WD 1TB for storage.

0 Likes
5 Replies
XxZorro13xX
Adept I

UPDATE

On CB I only scored an 889 on single core, which is lower than a r7 1700x.  According to Cinebench, an R7 2700 should be scoring 1057.

On multicore I am getting a score of 8396, I should be getting 8900-9000.  Temps never went above 60 degrees C, pretty much sat at 59 C the entire time.

0 Likes

I would start with reset to defaults in BIOS. Should help clearing out some issues.

What monitoring tool have you been checking the frequency and voltages? Ryzen Master?

Can you give it a try at another tool? I have Ryzen Master for a complete overview but for simple day to day monitoring I have core temp.

Have you fresh install windows after board upgrade?

That ram set to 2400mhz is making you loose quite a bit of performance.

The Englishman
0 Likes

I already tried resetting the bios and I do have a fresh install of windows.  
I have used both CPUID HWMonitor, and RM,  both tell the same story.

Funny enough as I was working on the problem last night I discovered that in both a multi core and single core benchmark the cores will NOT throttle even with temps lower than 60c. However the few seconds after the benchmark completes they will boost to 4025 single core and 3758 multi core.  

So they are boosting, but not under load? Doesn’t this defeat the purpose of XFR?

I will try clocking my ram at a higher frequency.

0 Likes

So I overckocked the ram to 2800Mhz, any higher and the system wasn’t stable, I’m still getting the same CB scores.

0 Likes

I was looking at some forums and videos, and it seems that Blender and Cinebench doesn't really care much about XMP, but in games you will see a good bump in fps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjbNhCHwlBo

But back to topic.

Maybe use another bench tool instead? XFR is very temp sensitive but it should ate least boost to 4.1

Also, have a look at this topic:

https://linustechtips.com/topic/954191-ryzen-7-2700-not-reaching-41ghz-stock/page/2/

The Englishman
0 Likes