cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

logic
Adept II

Re: Ryzen 7 1800x low fps / H1Z1: Just Survive.

Do you think CPU core unparking is all SvenBent's software does!?

The inter CCX thread hopping and SMT issues solved by Project mercury is what the program is really about.

Read the supplied links and experiment/benchmark using the different CCX and SMT settings on the games you play. and app you run.

0 Kudos
pp0werr
Journeyman III

my CPU is always around 15-20% load then i play the game.

http://image.prntscr.com/image/e4711924b45949e4969b15daabf1cd7e.jpeg

0 Kudos
pp0werr
Journeyman III

What is that? i feel like i am a noob right now.

0 Kudos
danco
Adept I

These registers modify default values in the high performance power plane. Default values = reset to default power plane. Modify values: Disable core parking for all power planes, settings 5% min. capabilities cpu, enable cpu down clock and modifying clock for low usage.

0 Kudos
danco
Adept I

I use Prio-process priority saver for win7.

Prio - Process Priority Saver. | O&K Print Watch

0 Kudos
svenbent
Adept II

I think you still missed the point of Logic post about taking care of SMT thread conflicts and CCX thread switching. which can results in some minimum to serious performance issues.

A proper care of SMT scheduling  has given up to 30% boostin cine bench (with reduced numbers of threads) as well as in ffxi heavenswards bencmharks (166 to 177fps)

But mostly this fixes CPU bottleneck which can result in stutter.

Look at this example of 4 threads going to 4 logical cores but they are all mapped to just 2 physsical cores and now you have only 2 physical cores of performance running the backend

SMT4Tworstcase.png

With a propper SMT aware scheduling you threads should go like this

SMT4TAdjusted.png

and now you 4 threads have 4 physsical cores running the backend for a much better performance.

This is the reason i was asking you to use process explorer to look into if and what kind of CPU bottleneck you might have

0 Kudos
svenbent
Adept II

I just did some quick benchmark with cinebench  R15 (4 threads) on my i7 3770K

Please note that remote desktop is running a session in the background so there is some amount of background CPU utilization

PM = Project Mercury. my utility

PM standard

PM no SMT conflicts

PM autoSMT

No PM

PM standard

1: notice the increase in performance from PM standard to PM no SMT conflicts.  this performance increase an more stable performance is solely due to avoiding SMT conflicts

2: The increase from NO PM to PM standard is solely due to CPU priority adjustments

3: also it seems like my AutoSMT is not working optimally here.(I better look into why)

The test list are show in chronological order.

0 Kudos
svenbent
Adept II

Still does not handle the SMT thread conflicts and CCX switching.

Also with prio you have to set it up for any new game. With PM its automatic.

it also wont performs a good if you are multiboxing a MMO, ad with PM

But this is really besides the point of SMT and CCX issues that logic brought up and illustrated above by me

0 Kudos
svenbent
Adept II

Link is broken for me.

0 Kudos
svenbent
Adept II

Got your link to work but its uselessinfo

it would really benefitfrom listening and following the instructions provided rather than trying to make up answers that's is not with what is beeing infirm to you.

the above informant is useless fir propper cpu bottleneck. Analysis brcause it onlyinforms of full cpu usage. Not coresored issues

0 Kudos