cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Ryzen 7 1800x low fps / H1Z1: Just Survive.

I have some problems with my Ryzen 7 1800X

I was talking to the support at H1Z1 and it was noting wrong with my game or files or overheating or my pc

But i have a low framerate (28 - 45) in that game with my Ryzen 7 1800X & GTX 1080 oc

So they said it maybe be someting with my possessor!

Everything is uptodate and i dont have any updates on my Windows 7 ultimate.

Please help me.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
22 Replies
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: Ryzen 7 1800x low fps / H1Z1: Just Survive.

and this tell me to do what?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

Having been around that game since the beginning.  I can say it's not your cpu.  The game itself is extremely poorly optimized to begin with.

I had problems with low or lackluster fps 30's to mid 50's at most, regardless of hardware used in that game.  And that's having used 2-3 different generations of AMD hardware with it.  My FPS stayed the same, when going from a 1090T with HD7850, to a FX 8350 with an R9 Fury, and I honestly haven't even bothered trying to play the game again with my 1700x and R9 Fury, because I expect the fps to have stayed exactly the same.  I also know of several friends that play or use to play that were getting the same fps range on intel based systems, with various gpu setups. 

The problem is on DayBreaks end, AMD can't do much to force them to optimize their engine.  Last I checked the game was still stuck using DX9, which makes things even worse for newer hardware.  If they'd update to DX11 or 12, or even Vulkan, that game would probably run 10 times better.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Try Project Mercury linked in both those threads.
Older games' processor threads will hop from core to core like a hyper-speeded  game of pass the parcel.
That's fine as long as they don't hop to another CCX, as explained in those threads.
They may also think a logical core is a physical core which slows things down a lot, so try the SMT settings too in Project Mercury.

Project Mercury V1.2.8.0 released – TechCenter.DK

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

You are correct Conraire.

While there's nothing to be done about DX9, there is a stopgap solution to how these games are handled by the the CPU.

Read my reply to pp0werr's "and this tell me to do what?" reply.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

What is your power profile?  CPU is unparked?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Yes.
But this is also part of the new AMD chipset drivers:

New AMD Ryzen chipset drivers now available

The CCX and SMT settings are what you should concentrate on playing around with and benchmarking with.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

You might want to run a proper bottleneck analysis to begin with, as it will at least guides us to where the issue lies.

- Get process explorer from Microsoft  https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processexplorer.aspx

-  start process explorer and the game

-  dbltclick the game process on the list of processes on process explorer

- in the new window ga to the threads pane which show you cpu usage per thread  (you might wanna sort it by cpu usage)

- run the game and keep and eye on this cpu usage

if any of this CPU usage on any threads hits 100%/ number of logical cores aka for your system 100/16 =  6.25% og close to it. then you are having a corspeed bottleneck.

and the only thing to help on that is overclocking or getting a CPU with more speed per core ( in this case it would have to be from another manufactorer)

if no then you might wanna look at the total cpu usage as this will indicate a overall CPU bottleneck if it hits 99%+ and you will agian need a faster CPU (core speed or numbers of cores)

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

I use my own power plan. It is an optimized High Performance Profile for Win7.

Dropbox - Win7 CPU Power Settings Register Mod.rar

0 Kudos