cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

joselbrear
Adept II

Ryzen 7 1700X RAM memory maximum speed

I bought a Ryzen 7 1700X in Amazon and I want to buy the RAM memory at the speed of 3,466 Mhz, is there any problem with this processor due to on AMD official site says the processor supports a maximum of 2,666 Mhz on the RAM speed?

Will I have a bottleneck speed because the memory runs at 3466 Mhz and the maximum speed supported by the processor is 2,666 Mhz? or do you recommend me to buy the 2,666 Mhz?

What do I have to do?

I guess with the 3,466 mhz that my motherboard supports it won't be any problem but what is wrong with the processor in this case?

AMD Official Site:

AMD Ryzen™ 7 1700X Processor | AMD  

Please see the screenshot below:

pastedImage_1.png

This is my amazon order:

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_4.png

My motherboard information:

MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC:

MSI Performance Gaming AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 HDMI Display Port WiFi Crossfire ATX Motherboard (B450 Gaming PRO Carbon AC)

pastedImage_5.png

Please answer me as soon as possible because I need to buy the RAM memory.

Please help me out I will be waiting patiently. 

Best regards.

0 Likes
1 Reply

First you should go by your Motherboard's QVL List for RAM Memory for your Ryzen 1700X to insure it will be compatible.

Here is your Motherboard's QVL list for RAM Memory for the Ryzen 1xxx CPUs: Support For B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI G... 

On the list from the link above the maximum supported RAM Speed shown was 3200 Mhz modules for a couple of Brand names. You can Overclock the RAM Memory to 3466 Mhz  thru BIOS using A-XMP Settings but you still need to install the proper RAM module speed that is supported by your Motherboard and QVL List.

It is a good chance if you install the higher rated RAM (3466 Mhz) you will have compatibility issues and possibly won't boot up. Ryzen CPU are very sensitive to the type of RAM installed. That it is why you should always go by the Motherboard's QVL which has been tested to be 100% compatible with the Ryzen CPUs.

I would also install the latest BIOS and CHIP SET for your motherboard to help insure the new CPU will be more compatible with hardware and software: Support For B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI G...

AMI BIOS

Version 7B85v13
Release Date 2018-12-26
File Size 10.83 MB
Description
- Improve compatibility with Raven CPU
- Improve compatibility with Bristol CPU.

System & Chipset Drivers

Title AMD Chipset Driver
Version 18.10.30
Release Date 2018-11-02
File Size 722.72 MB
Note Include AMD SMBus Driver、AMD Graphics Driver.
0 Likes