cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

beardman
Journeyman III

Ryzen 7 1700 only shows 2 cores

My Ryzen 7 1700 only shows 2 cores I have tried enabling  the rest of the cores through Ryzen Master and Bios.

Capture.PNG

EDIT

Specs

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700

Motherboard: AB350M-DS3H

Ram: 2X8GB 2400 Ballistix Sport

Message was edited by: Dustin Cannon

0 Likes
1 Solution

uncheck the flag-box "number of processors" in boot advanced options and reboot the machine

View solution in original post

0 Likes
11 Replies
netherrealm
Adept I

Did you set your number of cores to only 2 in your BIOS?

0 Likes

by Default it was auto and then i changed that to 6 (3+3)

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

beardman, I suggest you open your UEFI and Load UEFI Defaults.  You can also try Clear CMOS using the procedure for your MB.  If both fail, I suggest you post all your system specifications.  Enjoy, John.

randa71
Adept III

you have to deflag, in boot advanced options, number of processor...if you set number of processor =2 windows will use only 2 processors. Deflag that option and reboot the machine

0 Likes

randa71, what the heck does "Deflag that option" mean?  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

i believer you are telling me to change the 2 in advanced boot options i tried that 2 is the only option but thank you for trying

0 Likes

beardman, have you done a Load UEFI Defaults or Clear CMOS?  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

I was about to reply i just did them and am still having the issue i have updated my post to include my specs too. TY

0 Likes

uncheck the flag-box "number of processors" in boot advanced options and reboot the machine

0 Likes

Thank you that fixed it thinking about it that makes alot of sense but it didnt come to mind =] Thank you!

0 Likes

OK, randa71, I understand now.  The "number of processors" settings is in msconfig not the UEFI.  Thanks and enjoy, John. 

0 Likes