cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

toxic_carl
Journeyman III

Ryzen 7 1700 only optimizing 2 cores at low speeds

I have a ryzen 7 1700 cpu, and its only running at 1.55GHz. I've tried going through my bios multiple times and using the Ryzen Master software. Every single time I apply a profile, it just doesnt work and only peaks at 1.55GHz.

0 Likes
1 Solution
misterj
Big Boss

toxic.carl, thanks for the screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM) - next time please drag-n-drop the image into your reply.  Where did your copy of Windows come from and what version is it?  Please do a Clear CMOS using the instructions in the user Manual and post another screenshot of RM.  Please post your system specifications.  Why is Profile 1 selected in RM?  Are you overclocking?  Are you running the latest BIOS version available.  If this is not a fresh installation of Windows, then you will need to do a fresh on a newly formatted C: disk.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

toxic.carl, thanks for the screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM) - next time please drag-n-drop the image into your reply.  Where did your copy of Windows come from and what version is it?  Please do a Clear CMOS using the instructions in the user Manual and post another screenshot of RM.  Please post your system specifications.  Why is Profile 1 selected in RM?  Are you overclocking?  Are you running the latest BIOS version available.  If this is not a fresh installation of Windows, then you will need to do a fresh on a newly formatted C: disk.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Just cleared the cmos and it fixed it, thanks for the help .

0 Likes

toxic.carl, glad to help.  Thanks for responding.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes