cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

jordy114
Newcomer

Ryzen 7 1700 Blue screen with 3200MHz ram?

So I bought 2 sticks of DDR4 16gb 3200MHz CL16 Ram from PNY for my Ryzen 7 1700. I decided to go with high-speed ram as everyone says the higher the ram speed the better performance in games you'll get from your processor. Now the 1700 is auto overclocked to 3.65GHz using the Asus Prime B350-Plus game mode setting. (I would attempt overclocking higher but I'm using the stock cooler). Anyway, I went to the bios to make sure it is running the advertised speed, and it is and everything boots up fine. That is until I get the Blue Screen of Death 30 minutes into playing my game. I looked up my motherboard and it says it supports up to 3200MHz speeds, but when I searched up the 1700 Google says its only stable at 2666MHz? I've set the ram to 3000MHz but still get the Blue Screen of Death occasionally. I've then set it to 2666MHz and I've had no trouble so far with games. I bought this ram specifically for the high speed and I'm disappointed that I'm unable to utilize it. Any help would be greatly appreciated here's an Amazon link to the ram I purchased:

https://www.amazon.com/PNY-Anarchy-X-3200MHz-Desktop-Memory/dp/B077YCSHFV 

0 Likes
0 Replies