cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Belverus
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5950x is burning like a sun

Hello guys, I'm no expert here but having some temp issues.
  • MSI MEG ACE 570x board with 5950x.
  • My temps are 45 - 55 C idle, 75-89 C while gaming.
  • Voltages reach 1.487V max.
  • Clocks hits up to 4900 to 5000 MHz automatically.
Is this all normal? Do I need to worry about ?
4 Replies
dinub1
Adept I

Is that a Ryzen 5950x? Or an FX-5950? Anywhat 75-89C is full power is a bit high I think... but if the thermal protection does not shut down PC, then you may be fine... 
Try checking the thermal compound between the CPU and your cooler... it may not be properly applied and it may not dissipate heat too well. The other thing is, you may try water cooling.

saywhut
Challenger

What CPU cooler are you running?  The 5950X does not come with a CPU cooler so they expect you to get an Enthusiast cooler for that type of caliber CPU.

mackbolan777
Forerunner

90C is TjMax for that CPU but if you're not throttling or shutting down you should be fine. AMD recommends a AIO or other liquid cooling solution for the 5000 series CPU's. For example Corsair H110i GTX might go around $100 but it's worth every penny and should keep idle temps around 33c, loaded temps at 60c. The frequency is totally normal and rapid changing per core load is normal as well. Voltage is only that high for a short time per core load, using HWiNFO you will see the fluctuation of the power, temps, core frequencies aren't as constant as it appears. 

You main concern is "is she gonna blow???" No, is the short answer. If you are running a liquid cooler, adjust your fan curve more aggressive. If you're using a very good air cooler, adjust that fan curve so it idles cooler and ramps faster to keep the temps a little lower. Technically speaking, it can run at that temp all day. The CPU will decrease speed and voltage if it gets too hot. Worse case is the PC will shut itself down. 

If your super concerned, turn PBO off, it will still boost but not so aggressively and the voltage won't hold high for as long, therefore bringing operation temp down. If you set the scalar above "auto" to 10X, lower that or set it "auto". That CPU is a beast, you won't see a bit of difference in games by doing that.

Otherwise, those boost numbers are perfect.

"It worked before you broke it!"
sung61368
Journeyman III

I have the same motherboard as yours and a 5950x.  My temps are the same 45-50 C idle.  Don't worry, these temps are normal for the 5950x.  You can also google it and it also says those are normal temps.

0 Likes