Current Spec:

CPU: Ryzen 9 5950x

AIO: Rog Ryujin 360

MotherBoard: Asus ROG Dark Hero VIII

PSU: ROG THOR 1200W

RAM: Gskill Trident Z 4000Mhz

BIOS: 3904 AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.5

DOCP: Enabled, manually set to 3600

Chipset drivers: Version 3.10.22.706 (latest to date)

Lately randomly, the cpu downlclocks to 0.54 ghz and gets stuck there mostly when the computer is idling or waking up from sleep, the only way to fix it is by shutting down the computer completely and then starting it again. Restart doesn't work!

I updated the bios from 3801 to latest hoping it would fix it, no luck. fresh windows reinstall also no luck.

I opened ryzen master to see what was going on and this is what i found! Please let me know what is wrong? the motherboard? the cpu or psu? how can i figure it out.

Thanks

Capture.PNG

6 Replies
Azeranex
Journeyman III

I also have this issue. I'm using windows 11. I'm not sure if windows cause this issue or not.

My setup is similar to you except my mobo is Asus C8F.

I uninstalled ryzen master about 4 days ago and since then the computer seems stable.

Do you have it installed? if so uninstall it and see what happens.

I will update if the computer starts acting up again, however for now everything seems to be working as it should.

0 Likes

I did the same, but the problem is still there. For a full day it worked ok, then it started again: the processor gets randomly stucked at 0.54GHz, and the only way to recover is to shutdown the PC, wait a few seconds, and turn it on again. If you just reset the machine, the processor remains at 0.54GHz.

0 Likes
Centollo
Journeyman III

I have the exact same problem, same Processor, MB and PSU. Ryujin 360 CPU cooler, Graphics card EVGA 3080Ti, Memory 32Gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro at 4200, four DIMMs.

I recently changed the Thor PSU because it stopped working, but the problem is still there. This problem weren't happening with Windows 10, it started happening when i installed Windows 11.

Also, from time to time, the system freezes and the only way to restart it is with a hard shutdown of the PSU. As the error above, this started happening when i installed Windows 11.

I have the latest firmwares and system updates, so AMD and Microsoft have not fixed this problems yet.

0 Likes

Just my thoughts!

I have a 3900X and upgraded to windows 11 from 10.  Microsoft has chosen to let the USERS do the testing and solve the problems as they arise.  I had to go through the Insider Program to get the update.  I could never get one of the so called "updates" to install.  They would get to about the 8-10% installed and then crash.  The version I got through the Insider Program has been very stable for the Ryzen 12 core 3900X.  I have been able to run Ryzen Master with it.  I don't know if you went with the free upgrade or a purchased version of Windows 11, plus the fact that you are running a Ryzen 16 core 5950X.  You might check out the Insider Program techs and see what they might suggest.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes

Did anyone ever figure this out? Recently started happening to my Dak Hero with a 5800x. Temps are fun etc. seems to happened after sleep, or as it’s about to go to sleep. Never fully throttle fully up again u less I do a full shut-down. Regular reboot is not enough even if a pit stop in the bios says the club is back to 3800Mhz

0 Likes