cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

filthyandbony
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5900x temp is 60 °C at 10-40% load.

So idk if it has to be like that. My 5900x is staying 60 °C even if it's 10% loaded. Whatever this load type is. When playing games it's loaded about 40% and stays 60 °C. When it's 100% loaded it's 70 °C. Does it have to be like that or not? Because i can't even watch a movie without noises from my PC.

0 Kudos
17 Replies
JoltCola
Adept III
Adept III

Re: Ryzen 5900x temp is 60 °C at 10-40% load.

It can be confusing on these very high core count CPUs. A 10% load in task manager on a 5900X means 2 logical cores are 100% pegged and 1 core is 40% utilized. And 40% usage in task manager means 9.6 logical cores are pegged.

Zen 3 is a very small process, so that heat is concentrated in a tiny area, and depending on your cooling, 60C is not at all unreasonable for 10% load on a 5900X.

If your fans are spinning up too frequently and it's annoying, I would suggest adjusting the fan curve so it doesn't do that, and takes more time to both spin up and spin down.

filthyandbony
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I have EK-AIO 360. So you want my fans to spin like 20% on 60 degrees and 80% at 70 degress or what? smh

0 Kudos
filthyandbony
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

also while im not even touching the pc (laying on the bed for example) fan spins may randomly ramp up for like no reason. is that ok for ryzen?

0 Kudos
trek
Elite
Elite

This is correct, you must adjust fan curves as you like. For example I have fans on 800rpm and curve flat to 80C then increasining speed from 80C 800rpm to 90C 1700rpm

Moreover for watercooling only logical radiator fan control is control with respect to water terperature, everything else does not make sense.

0 Kudos
JoltCola
Adept III
Adept III

I wouldn't say it's OK because it's annoying as hell, but it happens on my 5950X also.

0 Kudos
trek
Elite
Elite

If you say that it's annoying as hell, it means that result of assembly and personalization - meaning result of your actions and doings - of your PC is annoying as hell. It is you who set fan profiles and customizes your PC.

Other thing would be if it is not possible to customize fan curves of your cooling products, but it is not fault of 5950x, but particular cooling products.

Or am I missing something important here?

0 Kudos
Kalistas_82
Adept II
Adept II

sounds totally normal for an AIO with a fan curve adjusted for an Aircooler.

Mine did that right after assembly too - adjusted the fan curve and it stays quiet and behaves properly. 

Temp. Spikes are totally normal for Zen3

0 Kudos
JoltCola
Adept III
Adept III

Yes, you are missing something. I can load-test my 5950X all day long with intensive single-thread small FFT AVX benchmarks and never go over 67C, but then randomly when browsing it hits >75C and the fans spin up. This is a problem with the CPU or AGESA.

Exactly, the temp spikes are "normal" in that they happen for pretty much everybody. But it really shouldn't do that.

0 Kudos
trek
Elite
Elite

@JoltCola wrote:

but then randomly when browsing it hits >75C and the fans spin up. This is a problem with the CPU or AGESA.

No it is no problem, it works correctly, burst CPU loads create spikes and as I wrote only problem is how you personalized your build, how you set your fan curves. Also you do not know what caused performance burst, maybe some short term intensive workload, antivirus, etc. which is normal. Do not expect fix to AGESA, bios, motherboard, os, everything works correctly.

Nevertheless I can provide info how I personalized my PC, how I solved this "issue" with fan settings in following picture. I have flat curve until 80C and it ramps up from 80C to 90C 100%, this is how

obrazek.png

0 Kudos