cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

fastjoe90
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: Ryzen 5900x: System constantly crashing/restarting WHEA-Logger ID 18 and critical error Kernel-P

Jump to solution

Add me to this list. Very annoying/frustrating. 5900x with a B550 Gaming Plus on v151 Beta Bios. I have set everything to default, then manually disabled PBO, disabled C state controls, set soc voltage to 1.1, manually set vddp and vddg voltages. Ran about 14 hours without an issue, then went afk in a game for a bit and as soon as i came back in the PC restarted again. Always come back to a WHEA 18 error in event viewer on core 0. After this most recent restart, I went back into Bios and increased DRAM voltage by 0.05V from what it was default at. Up to 1.38V now. This is frustrating. Feel like I got a bad CPU.

0 Kudos
jaydeejoy
Elite
Elite

Re: Ryzen 5900x: System constantly crashing/restarting WHEA-Logger ID 18 and critical error Kernel-P

Jump to solution

@imraneo wrote:

Thank you for your info on the new Asus BIOS.

Are you saying that you can run CPB but its the XMP which causes reboots? I feel thats a different issue and I realise that you have a 3900X, not a 5900X.
I think we'll have to wait for Asus to integrate PatchD into the BIOS before we see some results..

i have this problem random restart/kernel power for 3900x .
Bios 2802/12/16 and lastest bios 3001
All that bios having Random Restart problem in this settings XMP ON / ALL others Default.
now my bios is 3001 and i do not go back stabil 2607 bios
cos 3001 dont allow it.

now
3001 bios (default settings)
XMP disable (4*8 2666)
and Poor Performance

my pc
3900x
Asus Tuf X570 gaming 
4*8 Corsair 3600
lastest chipset
lastest all drivers

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

On at least Asus boards, new 3001 bioses have been released (or at least started), and the good news is that this appears at least for me to largely fix the issues. I am also able to enable XMP/DOCP as well as PBO. I've had one blue screen, although I think that was driver related, and definitely not cache hierarchy related as with the other issues.

So far so good!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I can't speak for MSI boards, but last night Asus released a bunch of BIOS updates for X570 boards, and the end result is that at least for me, my x5950 is now able to run at BIOS default settings with PBO enabled and XMP/DOCP, without crashing. I no longer have to tweak voltage settings etc in order to get stability. Hopefully MSI is also in the process of doing this for the OP.

0 Kudos
imraneo
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

OK guys. I've had some progress.

Im using Asus Strix X570-F BIOS 3001. Stock settings, didn't solve my reboots. So I finally narrowed down to these 2 settings which worked:

1) Disable Global C-state control

2) Vcore at 1.1V

All this while I've been over-volting. In fact I should be under-volting. In auto settings, the default voltage is 1.44V.

I have narrowed down the above 2 settings to be relevant for this fix. I've had other changes slowly removed as they're not needed.

More info:

• Idle temp: 44 deg (3.6Ghz)
  • Single core boost: ~51 deg (max boost 4.82Ghz)
  • All core boost: ~71 deg (max boost 4.52Ghz)
  • XMP 3600 turned ON

Idled for about 10hrs straight (this is where reboots happen almost immediately, so this gives me huge confidence). Also ran some CineBench stably.

Still keeping my fingers crossed tightly. I think I'm getting what I paid for. Please share if this helped.
Also, is there any issue if I disable C-state control? I read this is a power saving feature, but I'm pretty new to this.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Carrinthe
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Oké count me in :(

Since a few days I have 5950X with an MSI x570 Unify and constant reboots in idle. In my event viewer I see I've had 8 critical errors in the last 24 hours event-id 41 source: Kernel-Power. I've tried Bios A70, A81 and A82 (the last two are beta) with no effect. I've increased voltage tot my mem (4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3600C16Q-64GTZRC)  to 1.39v, still rebooting. I've now disabled  XMP to see if that works. But I see that disabling PBO and CBP should help.  Well for now I'm happy with just a stable system while they work on fixing the problem. But with PBO an CBP disabled I can run XMP? 

0 Kudos
jaydeejoy
Elite
Elite

Jump to solution

@Carrinthe wrote:

Oké count me in :(

Since a few days I have 5950X with an MSI x570 Unify and constant reboots in idle. In my event viewer I see I've had 8 critical errors in the last 24 hours event-id 41 source: Kernel-Power. I've tried Bios A70, A81 and A82 (the last two are beta) with no effect. I've increased voltage tot my mem (4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3600C16Q-64GTZRC)  to 1.39v, still rebooting. I've now disabled  XMP to see if that works. But I see that disabling PBO and CBP should help.  Well for now I'm happy with just a stable system while they work on fixing the problem. But with PBO an CBP disabled I can run XMP? 

when u try XMP ON just let us Know pls.
i got 4 * 8  (32Gb)3600 cl 18 corsair ram
3900x
lastest Asus X570 Tuf bios 3001
and XMP ON rebooting 
XMP OFF./ PBO 3x  no rebooting and stabile 24 hours .
But fcking 2666 ram speed
why i payed for 3600 

0 Kudos
mackbolan777
Forerunner
Forerunner

Jump to solution

Not sure if it will help, but AMD released a chipset driver for all boards on 10/19/2020. You need to go to the driver site, select chipset not GPU there and download it. I found I needed to reinstall my OS in order to update that driver before, but, maybe not. I just put that driver in yesterday since I needed to reinstall Windows thanks to the update failing in the middle! But the good part is I went to the driver site and found this updated chipset driver: 2.10.13.408 10/19/2020

Windows Update nor Adrenaline will ever update that driver. Always need to check every so often.

"It worked before you broke it!"
0 Kudos
mackbolan777
Forerunner
Forerunner

Jump to solution

You have 4 slots filled and that can be an issue running at 3600 on Ryzen's. Try setting to 3200, use Dram Calc to get the CL timings and such or try CPUZ and check if there's a JDEC with the proper numbers off the SPD and use those in BIOS manually. Leave the voltage stock. If that works, you can try manually setting the "IF" to half of 3200 or 1600mhz. 

If you're stable and able to use PBO, all that stuff, then you're just limited to 3200 on 4 slots, as many are. At 3600, you can try using "geardown enable" or 2T command rate to see if it makes you stable. 4 sticks for some reason causes issues over 3200 for some reason on some CPU's/boards. 

See my reply about the AMD chipset update: 2.10.13.408 10/2020, might help.

"It worked before you broke it!"
jaydeejoy
Elite
Elite

Jump to solution

@mackbolan777 wrote:

Not sure if it will help, but AMD released a chipset driver for all boards on 10/19/2020. You need to go to the driver site, select chipset not GPU there and download it. I found I needed to reinstall my OS in order to update that driver before, but, maybe not. I just put that driver in yesterday since I needed to reinstall Windows thanks to the update failing in the middle! But the good part is I went to the driver site and found this updated chipset driver: 2.10.13.408 10/19/2020

Windows Update nor Adrenaline will ever update that driver. Always need to check every so often.

2.10.13.408 10/19/2020 i downloded this newest driver in realesed day (10/19/2020)
if is chipset driver issue
can i install (try) old drivers wşth a fressh windows install?

ram1.JPGram2.JPGram3.JPGram4.JPGram5.JPG

0 Kudos