cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Processors

zukmeister
Adept II

Re: Ryzen 5900x: System constantly crashing/restarting WHEA-Logger ID 18 and critical error Kernel-P

Jump to solution

**bleep**.  I’m having the same issues!   Rma’ed my 5950x due to whea errors, now getting BSODs due to bug check with the replacement CPU.  Multiple reinstallations of win 10.  Did not help.  Come on AmD!  

So same was happening to me with 5900X after RMA.  Original processor had WHEA errors and RMA processor Bug Check and Kernel Power Down errors.  I re-installed windows and was still having issues.  Some guy on microsoft forums suggested I run "Windows Memory Diagnostic" tool that is installed with Windows 10.  When I restarted the computer and the tool started running it immediately flagged that I had a bad memory stick, potentially 2.  I replaced memory and the computer has been rock solid now for a few days.  Hopefully this helps you out as it helped me out.  Previous memory was Gskill 3600mhz memory... new memory is 3200 memory from Corsair.  I hope that helps 

0 Kudos
TrapoSAMA
Adept II

Re: Ryzen 5900x: System constantly crashing/restarting WHEA-Logger ID 18 and critical error Kernel-P

Jump to solution

what is your mobo?

0 Kudos
zukmeister
Adept II

Jump to solution

My motherboard is Asus Tuf X570-PRO (WIFI) on latest beta bios.  (3603)

0 Kudos
TrapoSAMA
Adept II

Jump to solution

For a unknown reason  the high end Mobo are more reliable and this error is not present (mainly). Many errors WHEA and reboot are present  in medium/low mobo. I have a MSI X750 Carbon Pro WIFI and work well but with 5600X.

I'm so tired about this issue, can work (reboot is occasional)  but cannot play ( reboot after few minutes)

😞

ivan-filippov
Adept III

Jump to solution

"I'm so tired about this issue, can work (reboot is occasional)  but cannot play ( reboot after few minutes)"

Try to turn off Core Performance Boost.
If it helps - you can RMA CPU (that's the best approach) immediately
or use this script:
https://www.overclock.net/threads/single-core-prime95-test-script-for-zen-3-curve-offset-tuning.1777...
to set positive voltage offset for cores to make them stable (and get the CPU which is slower than the default one)

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
TrapoSAMA
Adept II

Jump to solution

hi!

test is stable for now. Trying more time with default parameters.

πŸ˜•

0 Kudos
TrapoSAMA
Adept II

Jump to solution

Hi!

system stable at 3200(RAM) running the recommended test and y-cruncher. Trying at 3600(RAM)

Is possible some conflict with the GPU 5600XT? I read in the forum about this possibilites with the WHEA error.

Thx

0 Kudos
azomiss
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Here is what I did last time:

• bios reset twice
  • enabled virtualization
  • enabled support for DDR4 @ 3600
  • uninstalled Gigabyte monitoring software
  • uninstalled HWI_642

And the results :

azomiss_3-1617730857919.png

Have a great one, me happy!

0 Kudos
Cmdr-ZiN
Adept II

Jump to solution

I solved mine differently, there's probably different causes.

I emailed AMD and they advised to set Power Supply Idle Control in the BIOS, from Auto to Typical Current Idle.

I did this and I've had no issues for 6 days.

see https://community.amd.com/t5/processors/whea-logger-event-id-18/m-p/462600#M40103 for more info.

I hope this helps some people with older PSUs πŸ™‚

0 Kudos
TrapoSAMA
Adept II

Jump to solution

Hi!

Good point about PSU and that parameter. I have a old but good PSU. that parameter are in Typical Current Idle. The system for now are stable but cant play for now. Only work use, maybe GPU mobo/cpu dont work  well for a unknown reason.

0 Kudos