cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

timber77
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: Ryzen 5900x: System constantly crashing/restarting WHEA-Logger ID 18 and critical error Kernel-P

Jump to solution

OS: Win 10 Pro (64bit) - all updates installed  - is Windows licensed or not? the unlicensed version does not provide for changing the components of the system. This is only available for the license system

0 Kudos
CrispyCrunch
Adept II
Adept II

Re: Ryzen 5900x: System constantly crashing/restarting WHEA-Logger ID 18 and critical error Kernel-P

Jump to solution

All updates installed, latest drivers etc., Windows licensed.

0 Kudos
timber77
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

did you buy it or get it? 

the one that was issued to Microsoft is not the same license. We need to buy it. The one that was issued is valid only on the system to which it is tied.
The second option is to check the disk for errors.

0 Kudos
blacksangal
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. No problem while playing the game but it restarts while browsing the internet. I haven't reached a conclusion yet. If you find a solution, please share it here.

0 Kudos
CrispyCrunch
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

@blacksangal wrote:

I am having the same problem. No problem while playing the game but it restarts while browsing the internet. I haven't reached a conclusion yet. If you find a solution, please share it here.

Yes, disable PBO and CBP in BIOS. Didn't have a single crash since then. But you'll loose some performance.

0 Kudos
timber77
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

if I were you, I wouldn't have tormented myself and issued a refund.

0 Kudos
CrispyCrunch
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

And have no new CPU for months :(

0 Kudos
timber77
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

X570 UNIFYE (MS-7C35) V10.7 BIOS Release - you have this BIOS version? check

0 Kudos
aug
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Try Linux.

Linux manage your processor better than windows.

Almost all in windows have version for Linux.

0 Kudos
mackbolan777
Forerunner
Forerunner

Jump to solution

Check your voltages with HWiNFO64 and run Prime 95 they way you're running now. I have an issue similar with my 3600X and AsRock mobo and it's the board's VRM it seems isn't up to task. I'm getting a Gigabyte Aurous Elite X570 with a "true" 8 phase VRM next week.

I searched your board and the power delivery seems great, however MSI has dropped the ball before in that area. If you run HWiNFO, look at the power reporting deviation under load (should be close to 100%,+/- 5%) and at idle. Also look at the temp of the board(VRM) to see if it passes 105c or even close, that's too hot. About 70c would be decent. My board has a -88% voltage deviation, not good! Under load it comes under 100% around 90%, so not the best.

One horrible thing that can happen, it happened to a customer's MSI that who put their own cooler on, is they scratched the back of the board where the back plate goes during install and that caused these same errors.

If none of this pans out to a true solution, I would hope a final BIOS update or something will fix the issue. It is a shame AMD sells these expensive, new CPU's and the BIOS is a Beta. Also that one can't run with all the options like PBO, etc. Defeats the purpose entirely, and the fact that running PBO technically voids the warranty, is absurd.

"It worked before you broke it!"
0 Kudos