cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

LastPint
Adept I

Re: Ryzen 5900x: System constantly crashing/restarting WHEA-Logger ID 18 and critical error Kernel-P

Jump to solution

NVM, crashed after 48 hours of good behavior. 

Cmdr-ZiN
Adept II

Re: Ryzen 5900x: System constantly crashing/restarting WHEA-Logger ID 18 and critical error Kernel-P

Jump to solution

@LastPint dang sorry to hear that, thanks for sharing.

The PSU idle control worked for me no issues a couple of weeks later but there's so many variables. I'd already ruled out everything else.

I've heard some people replacing their CPU helped but to me that just sounds like silicon lottery and your CPU should run stable regardless of that.

There's very likely multiple causes for this issue but it does seem strange, feels like too many people are reporting the issue, yet I've not heard of widespread issues. It could be a bad batch, I'm not sure at this point.

Please let us know how you solve it, It may help someone.

LastPint
Adept I

Jump to solution

Thank you I appreciate the response. I just placed a rush order for a new 3700x so for-better-for-worse hopefully this will solve the issue.  I'll let yah know.

DavidChile
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Hola a todos, me pasaba exactamente lo mismo, compre todo nuevo Ryzen 5600x, Asus Rog Strix rx5600xt, Asus b550m pro gamer wifi y RAM Corsair de 3000 mhz.

Se reiniciaba cada vez que jugaba online cada 5 minutos. Jugaba offline y no habia problema, aunque en momentos se reiniciaba el pc solo.

Solucion: actualizar a ultima BIOS de placa madre (no beta) y se soluciono todo. No tuve mas problemas. 

Espero les pueda servir.

Saludos.

0 Likes
DavidChile
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Hola a todos, me pasaba exactamente lo mismo, compre todo nuevo Ryzen 5600x, Asus Rog Strix rx5600xt, Asus b550m pro gamer wifi y RAM Corsair de 3000 mhz.

Se reiniciaba cada vez que jugaba online cada 5 minutos. Jugaba offline y no habia problema, aunque en momentos se reiniciaba el pc solo.

Solucion: actualizar a ultima BIOS de placa madre (no beta) y se soluciono todo. No tuve mas problemas. 

Espero les pueda servir.

Saludos.

0 Likes
N900
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

As for replicating the error, try running the standard OCCT Cpu test with default settings and check if it completes without issues.

In my case the test always runs a full hour without issues and then crashes in the final minute every time, seemingly when the cpu switches from a high load to low load or idle.

0 Likes
ace50k
Adept I

Jump to solution

One thing to watch out for is if you change the Curve Optimizer (CO) settings and set positive or negative values that even when turning PBO back to Auto, the CO settings still seem to be applied. I kept wondering why the voltages were being reported differently even when I changed all settings back to default.

This might be different on other boards/BIOS/AGESA versions so I can only vouch for my ASUS X570-F.

ace50k
Adept I

Jump to solution

So far, so good.  Made sure CO is off and everything is on default settings.

BillAdama
Adept I

Jump to solution

I can also report the power supply idle control at 'typical' did not work for me. It seemed to at first...but whea 19 errors and reboots started up again after a few days. So for now keeping the RAM at 3200/FCLK 1600 until there is an MSI bios update.

Cmdr-ZiN
Adept II

Jump to solution

@BillAdama I wouldn't wait in hope of a BIOS update unless you're sure one is coming that will fix the issue.

On page 68 I posted a list of the full troubleshooting AMD asked me to do, if none of that works it might be worth contacting them to see what is the next step.

I'v seen several things fix the issue, setting PSU to typical idle voltage, disabling C states, both fix in a similar way, then I've seen overclocking/underclocking (which can also disable C states) and BIOS updates which seem to point to smoothing out power balance etc, and finally some people have solved by replacing the CPU via RMA or via store return policies.

Assuming all other troubleshooting has been completed, All of the above fixes except BIOS update and CPU replacement might only be masking issue. CPUs should be stable, I've never had this issue in all the PCs I've built before but others have even with Intel, so It could just be very rare, I wish I knew the RMA numbers.

Even though I haven't had the issue return in weeks after setting Typical Idle Voltage I still wonder if the issue is my PSU or CPU, I won't know till I swap one of them out, I'm hoping it's PSU but for the next person It might not be.

Anyway this is a hardware issue and a BIOS update might fix it but if all the troubleshooting has been done then the real fix is to identify the faulty part and swap it out, I doubt all MSI MOBO users are experiencing this we'd probably have heard news about it, if it was that widespread.

Goodluck I hope you get to the bottom of it.

0 Likes