cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

miruniec
Journeyman III

Re: Ryzen 5900x: System constantly crashing/restarting WHEA-Logger ID 18 and critical error Kernel-P

Jump to solution

The same MB, R9 5900x,Trident Z Neo 2x32GB 3600Mhz. Similar isues : 

AGESA 1.1.0.0 Patch C:

A lot of WHEA19 during AIDA mem/cache test at xmp (3600-18-22-22-22-42), no WHEA18/bsod for about 2 months.

Fully stable at 3200 16-20-20-20-38

AGESA 1.2.0.0 and 1.2.0.1:

xmp (3600-18-22-22-22-42) playing ACValhalla WHEA18 every 5..10 min

xmp (3200-18-22-22-22-42) playing ACValhalla for 4-5 hours WHEA18 again ;(

never seen WHEA19

gontos
Adept I

Re: Ryzen 5900x: System constantly crashing/restarting WHEA-Logger ID 18 and critical error Kernel-P

Jump to solution

I get BSOD about memory management. 

0 Likes
TrapoSAMA
Adept II

Jump to solution

I try with 2 sitck at default and change for the other two and error is repeated. WHEA error is not i all cases. Sometimes systems only hangup, keyboard and mouse is led off, screen black. Need reboot to recover.

Next time i try to check 5600XT in other PC, if work one component good and more posibilites to change mainboard from X570 to B550, is a lot more stable

0 Likes
TexasAVI03
Adept II

Re: Ryzen 5900x: System crashing/restarting WHEA-Logger:ID18 = Kernal-Power:ID41 IS THE CAUSE!

Jump to solution

I have continued to read posts on Microsoft of other Windows related thread based upon "Kernel-Power Event ID 41" WHICH IS THE PROBLEM.  It happens 10-20 seconds before the WHEA Error Event.

This is from 2011, Microsoft and/or board manufactures base BIOS has never resolved the issue with an AMD processor (possibly also plus discrete GPU, power supply, but common denominator is AMD) issue: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/no-blue-screen-kernel-power-...  

Most of these posts relate to an old issue with original JAVA in the original UEFI of the BIOS that manage these boards today.  Stories about contacting AMD 10 plus years ago sound just like we do with a different list of parts in their build.

Then others change their video card.  But I have used a RTX3070 (2 - MISI & Aorus) and Radeon RX 6900 XT (Red Devil) so I can attest that it can happen with both chipsets.

Lastly, changing to a stronger more stable power supply has helped.  I have done this upgrade between 750W to 1000W, between Gold & Platinum.

I have gone days and 18 hours of use without the error.  Then the next morning early it can happen while I am idle reading a webpage (I.E. it just happened, autosave worked) 

However, upping the voltages operating voltages on the board via BIOS seems to work for most.  That is what I am still playing with, and the reason for my stability back to a instant reboot this morning.  I am trying to maintain a PBO2 Curve that gets me to 5.0 to 5.1 PBO2 Boost.

0 Likes
TexasAVI03
Adept II

Jump to solution

Can you please see if you have a Kernel-Power Event ID 41 10-20 seconds BEFORE the WHEA?

I think we are all looking at the wrong error.  The first Critical is the Kernel-Power is the culprit.

0 Likes
TexasAVI03
Adept II

Re: Ryzen 5900x: System crashing/restarting WHEA-Logger:ID18 = Kernal-Power:ID41 IS THE CAUSE!

Jump to solution

This is a known issue...https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/client-management/troubleshoot-event-id-41-restart

Typically, the symptoms described in this scenario indicate a hardware problem. To help isolate the problem, do the following:

• Disable overclocking. If the computer has overclocking enabled, disable it. Verify that the issue occurs when the system runs at the correct speed.
  • Check the memory. Use a memory checker to determine the memory health and configuration. Verify that all memory chips run at the same speed and that every chip is configured correctly in the system.
  • Check the power supply. Verify that the power supply has enough wattage to appropriately handle the installed devices. If you added memory, installed a newer processor, installed additional drives, or added external devices, such devices can require more energy than the current power supply can provide consistently. If the computer logged Event ID 41 because the power to the computer was interrupted, consider obtaining an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) such as a battery backup power supply.
  • Check for overheating. Examine the internal temperature of the hardware and check for any overheating components.

0 Likes
TexasAVI03
Adept II

Jump to solution

This was posted on an AMD thread about Kernel-Power Event 41: https://community.amd.com/t5/red-team-discussions/kernel-power-41-rx5700xt/td-p/159128

I do not support or profit form the software listed on this link, but the Windows setup changes should help: https://windowsreport.com/kernel-power-41-error-windows-10/2/

Changing the Automatic Restarts is a good change.

0 Likes
TrapoSAMA
Adept II

Jump to solution

Hi!

is correct! i have kernel-power:ID41 before whea ERROR.

i have a powe supply ANTEC hpc 1000w platinum, the 4 memory stick are equal (2 pack 2x8GB) buy the same day.

I try with PBO Curve this time.

TexasAVI03
Adept II

Jump to solution

Ok, good deal so like me you feel your equipment (PSU) is ample & above PAR.

And, I also have 4 RAM sticks, B-die,1 Single Channel, so I am running them at 1.45V

Let's try turning off DRAM Power Standby, my current test while fully PBO2 Overboosted via Curve to 5100MHz on Main Cores

Are you comfortable in your BIOS?  I have an ASUS B550-E board with latest BIOS so I can only relate to that.

0 Likes
TrapoSAMA
Adept II

Jump to solution

hi!

my system is:

Mainboard MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon Wifi Rev 1.0 Bios 1.C1
Ryzen 9 5900x
Termal Pad Grizzly Carbonaut
Sapphire Pulse 5600XT 6GB OC
32GB RAM DDR4 4x8GB 3600Mhz CL16 BL2K8G36C16U4B Ballistix Crucial Black P/N BL8G36C16U4B.M8FE1
Sabrent Rocket 1TB NVMe 4.0
Sabrent Rocket Q 2TB NVMe 3.0
Antec 1000W HCP Platinum
Seagate Ironwolf 8TB 256MB cache 7200rpm
Mouse Razer Mamba Elite
Keyboard Logitech G213 Prodigy Spanish
Cooler Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4
2x 140mm Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1700rpm
3x 120mm Noctua NF-P12 Redux 1700rpm
Case CoolerMaster Masterbox CM694

let me check in this bios the similar option.

Tags (1)