cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Dave798
Adept I

Re: Ryzen 5900x: System constantly crashing/restarting WHEA-Logger ID 18 and critical error Kernel-P

Jump to solution

5800X I am no longer crashing/freezing, I found the culprit in my system, it was neither a CPU or RAM error that was causing my system to crash. AIDA64 was what was causing my faults, this was found by trial and error and took me 3 weeks to find it out, I would advise people with freezing/crashing, WHEA errors first disable all monitoring software ie HWINFO, AIDA64 etc etc. I am no way saying this will fix your problems but it definitely fixed mine for the time being (fingers crossed)

Tags (1)
flyxytk
Adept II

Re: Ryzen 5900x: System constantly crashing/restarting WHEA-Logger ID 18 and critical error Kernel-P

Jump to solution

@B_Junior Its just I dont want to reset my PC. Like im happy with the performance of my system (Ryzen 5 3600, RX 5700XT, 16G Gskill Aegis, Asrock B450m Pro4) but you know these crashes often occur in Davinci Resolve (sometimes MS Edge or Minecraft) and if I am editing a project and the pc suddendly crash it is a really demotivating feeling. I dont loose my projects thanks to Live save but these crashes are demotivating af.

I really like the AMD products but this is not acceptable.

0 Likes
FirefoxNS
Journeyman III

Re: Ryzen 5900x: System constantly crashing/restarting WHEA-Logger ID 18,19 and Graphics

Jump to solution

Les voy contar mi experiencia cuando compre mi PC:

Procesador: Ryzen 5 3600X

Placa: Asus Tuf Gaming B550m-Plus

RAM: Corsair Veng 16 GB a 3200Mhz

Grafica: Gigabyte Nvidia GT 730 DDR5 2GB (es una tarjeta modesta)

Pantalla: LG 19" HD (es modesta) cuando tenia los problemas, ahora tengo una LG 25LGUM58 WFHD

Tenia los siguientes problemas:

1.- Whea-Logger 19: Al parecer "parecian problemas del procesador"

Despues de leer muchos foros por casi un mes y probando de todo(los ya mencionados aqui), no dejaba de mostrarse en el registro de eventos.

Lo que me funciono al final:

Restaurar todo a fabrica en la BIOS (obviamente configurando lo necesario para el BOOT y virtualizacion, dejando el overclock automatico[IA Tweaker]).

- Primero instale una Beta la BIOS Agesa, o actualizar al ultimo BIOS de su placa

- Segundo: Fuí a: Panel de control>Hardware y sonido>Opciones de Energia>Elegir la accion de los botones de inicio/apagado

Desactivar: Activar inicio rapido (si ya lo tienen desactivado, volver a desactivarlo, es decir activarlo y luego volver a desactivarlo luego reiniciar el equipo).

Haciendo estos pasos desaparecio mi problema.

2.- Apagado aleatorio y otros de la pantalla: Mi tarjeta grafica es muy sencilla asi que era inaceptable esos parpadeos, congelamientos, etc.

Como ven la mia es Nvidia, pero la configuracion que tengo es la siguiente:

-Controlar la configuracion 3D->Configuracion global:

GPU de renderizado de OpenGL: Geforce GT730

Modo de control de energia: Preferir rendimiento maximo

Sincronizacion Vertical: Desactivado

Adicionalmente tienen que arreglar el TrDelay en windows (linux creo que tambien lo tiene)

Link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware-winpc/windows-10-display-drive...

Esta solucion para la tarjeta grafica NVIDIA aplica tambien para las ultimas tarjetas de video

Ahora, con las tarjetas AMD, debe haber una configuracion similar y eso deberia solucionar el problema.

Saludos

0 Likes
B_Junior
Adept I

Jump to solution

@Dave798 , 

"5800X I am no longer crashing/freezing, I found the culprit in my system, it was neither a CPU or RAM error that was causing my system to crash. AIDA64 was what was causing my faults, this was found by trial and error and took me 3 weeks to find it out, I would advise people with freezing/crashing, WHEA errors first disable all monitoring software ie HWINFO, AIDA64 etc etc. I am no way saying this will fix your problems but it definitely fixed mine for the time being (fingers crossed)"

Now, when you mention software was perhaps the reason in your case, I remembered when I build new AMD Pc, I  also installed HWINFO software for monitoring. After reinstalling W10 , I didnt install it back. Maybe, just maybe this can be 1 of the reasons?

Also I am waiting for new BIOS version, which will give us better performance improvement for CPU (they say), so we ll see...fingers crossed , yes 🙂

flyxytk
Adept II

Jump to solution

@B_JuniorBut that would be idk.. weird? because on my side the crash occurs on Davinci Resolve most of the time and I have no kind of monitoring software opened. I just want my PC to function normally...

B_Junior
Adept I

Jump to solution

@flyxytk 

I guess there are many  different potencial reasons for crashing...we are just here to give some info, details about our experience. If there would be solution for this, AMD will already post it.  Something changed in my situation, since I didnt get any whea for almost 2 weeks now, and I just share my changes which I made, on this forum.

0 Likes
j96j
Adept I

Jump to solution

Update to my issue:

I decided to RMA my 5800X 4 weeks ago. New one just came in.

New 5800X have been FAR more stable than the last one.

At stock settings, old 5800X can reboot during windows installation and idle. The new 5800X with XMP enabled (3600c18 RAM), have been running stable so far. Finally I can continue my work. The old 5800X wasted 1-2 months of my time, from tinkering with BIOS settings and waiting for BIOS updates.

Will test more with this new CPU later.

jaydeejoy
Elite

Jump to solution

Hey j96j
did u update windows before new Cpu
i think  w10 19042.844 fixed lots of WHEA error.

new Asus bios 3405 and new AMD chipset driver 2.13.27.501 was fixed my random restart 1 month ago

0 Likes
Raziels_Lament
Adept II

Jump to solution

Just wanted to check in with those still suffering WHEAs. I got my replacement CPU yesterday and rebuilt my system. I had no crashes or errors. I did not have to set any of the bios "fixes" commonly used on this forum to improve stability. So far this replacement CPU feels like what we should have all gotten from the first go. It's too bad there are so many faulty chips out there. On a curious note, this replacement I got was from batch BG 2104PGS. Anyone one else have a chip from this batch? And what is your experience so far with it?

5900x | Asus TUF X570-PRO | 32GB GSkill DDR4 | EVGA 3090 FTW
0 Likes
delevero
Adept III

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply.

( a small tip for everybody who have constant crashes.. check if your cpu cooler mounting bracket is touching any componments on the motherboard.. I found that my castle 365 v2 AIO water cooling could touch the codensators and the top m2 nvme harddisk and somehow create system instability.
once i removed the cpu cooler form the system and mounted another no more blue screen or crashes.
However i belive my cpu is defective no matter what i have manualy ented 1,4volt for cpu vcore instead of auto.. els the pc will still crash.. BUT at least by BSOD and crashing in games is gone and all windows errors, but its a difficult problem to spot, since is it the ram speed that effect he cpu crashes or is the cpu defective.. well hmmm so many bios settings to try )

0 Likes