cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

sametmacar
Adept I

Ryzen 5900x shuts down pc on first boot from heat

Hello, sorry my english is bad. Forgive me if I write wrong. I have a AMD Ryzen 9 5900X processor. Only the first time I turn on the computer, the processor heats up and shuts down. I sent the processor to the service and they sent a new one. But the situation is still the same. The processor heats up at first boot and after a while the system turns itself off. I wait for a while for the processor to cool down and run it again. The processor is working this time and the temperatures are normal. There is no problem while working. But on the first boot I get this error. AMD doesn't have Turkish support so I couldn't ask anyone. I hate this situation. Can anyone help me?

Note: Temperatures are fine when the CPU is under load and idle. It only does this on first boot.

0 Likes
6 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

sametmacar, are the fans turning at boot? Sounds like they are not which would be a MB problem probably. Please contact your MB vendor. After the shut down does the system run normally? Are all fans turning? Please tell us more about your system-parts and OS. Thanks and enjoy, John.

Hello, I'll explain right away.

My system is: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Cougar Cgr-aqua 240mm, ASUS RADEON DUAL RX 6650, ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING, Kingston 32GB Fury Beast 3200mhz x 2, KINGSTON SNV2S/500G, NV2, 500Gb, 3500/2100, NZXT 650W C650 80+ Altın, MSI MAG FORGE 110R, Microsoft Windows 11 Ev

All parts on the computer are new. Due to some problems, the motherboard, graphics card and processor have been completely renewed.

Sorry, my english is bad. What do you mean by MB?

It works normally when it cools down after a while. All the fans are spinning. The pipes of the liquid cooling are vibrating, which means it is working.

0 Likes

Thanks, sametmacar. MB  is Mainboard (MSI). When you first boot are the fans turning and pump running? What is W11 Ev? Thanks and enjoy, John.

Your English is fine!

I sent the motherboard to the service and bought a new one of the same model. Yes, the fans are spinning and the pump is vibrating at the first start (I think that means it's working.) W11 Ev is copy paste false. I mean windows 11 home.

Thank you again. It took a long time to reply as there is only 1 message per 600 seconds. This rule is meaningless.

0 Likes

Deleted my reply so the other User can continue his excellent troubleshooting without copying my troubleshooting tips.

0 Likes

Hi, it can't be dirty because all the parts are new. I assume the power pump is working because my temps are fine when under load, it only does this when the computer starts up. I had a hard time understanding some parts because I used Google Translate. The heatsink is connected to "CPU_FAN" on the motherboard, is this a mistake? The fans are connected to the motherboard and are working properly. The heatsink is directly connected to the PSU.

0 Likes