Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Affenpower
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5900x Bended, high Temps at custom watercooling

Hey all.

ive got an 5900x 

mit rund with a d5 Pump and 360 (45mm) and 280 (30mm) Radiator. Waterblock is EK quantum velocity. WLP Grizzly kyronaut (but i testet 3 diff in summary) 

watertemp is round about 30 degrees 

i got Peaks over 80 degrees in cinebench r23

a friend has 67degrees Maximum with only 360 AiO 

as you Can See, waterblock and CPU does Not Match well, i got a gap +0.15mm (try to Post a picture ) 

Its just fitting in the middle and ist Seems there ist a „bubble“ in the Middle. 

[URL=https://www.directupload.net][IMG]https://s10.directupload.net/images/201214/bxt69qtv.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

If i lay the ISH side on the waterblock in wiggles, easy feeling that ist doesnt Match well.

0 Likes
3 Replies
RaketenPeter
Journeyman III

Hi, 

nice hint for your issue. Seems that i have a similar issue. Same CPU, same Waterblock with 2 360 rads... And temps up to 80 degree if cpu usage is about 15 %... 

What was your solution? RMA with EK? Or what? 

Thank you,

0 Likes
Hyperstrike
Adept II

Yeah, if you have a loose, wiggly connection with your waterblock, you're not getting solid, sustained contact.

If you're tightened down as much as possible without bending the motherboard, I'd be on the phone with EK about options (including RMA).

0 Likes

If you have a large gap between your Water block and the CPU surface you may need to use a Thermal Pad to close the gap and give better efficiency in removing heat.

As long as the pump is loose or there is a slight gap between the water block and the CPU surface you will have hot temperatures on your CPU under stress.

NOTE: Thermal paste or liquid is to seal microscopic gaps between the CPU Cooler and the CPU on a tightly fitting CPU Cooler.

If there is any type of gap that you can physically see than you need to install a Thermal Pad to bridge the gap properly or replace the Water Block with one that makes good contact with the CPU surface.

0 Likes