cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

aklambda
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5800x WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)

Hi there,

I recently got my new system and run into a lot of WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124). I tried a lot of things (see list below) but I was not able to really fix it.

My system:

R7 5800x
Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro v2
2x 8GB 3200MHz RAM (Gskill F4-3200C15D-16GTZ)
3080 FE

I had initial boot problems and with the default F1 bios. Found that you need at least F10 bios for the new Ryzen 5000 series. So I updated to 13a. Enabled XMP profile for my RAM and immediately had a Blue Screen when playing Overwatch. I reverted the XMP and tried again. Still had a Blue Screen after playing a couple of games. I then tried all of the below

* different Bios versions F10 and F12 (F11 is not available to download) all at default settings-> blue screens

* manually increase voltages in the bios for SOC, VCore -> blue screens

* manually clock the OC to 4,4GHz @ 1,35V -> no blue screens encountered so far

* disabled PBO & CPB -> no blue screens encountered so far

* will try new RAM from a friend (in the next couple of days) but have used them with my old Asus motherboard for 4 years with a ryzen 1600 and 3600 without any problems

Is it save to assume that by CPU is not working correctly at stock if the problem persists with different RAM? Do I have to contact AMD about a replacement? How long will the process usually take?

0 Likes
1 Reply

pbo2 still in beta mode i guess........... wait new bios only..... it random crash. ... same happen to me as well.... new stuff need some times to mature.......

0 Likes