cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

six
Adept I

Re: Ryzen 5800x system crashing into reboot while under gaming loads unless 2 cores are disabled

Yes i am having this issue while playing WarZone, ASUS TUF X570 PLUS, 5800x, Gskill 3600 32gb, RX 6800.

0 Likes
devvv4ever
Adept I

Re: Ryzen 5800x system crashing into reboot while under gaming loads unless 2 cores are disabled

Simply replace the CPU, it's faulty and you will have no more issues at all. Trust me - mine is now working more than 6 weeks without ANY issue after I replaced the CPU. The rest of the system is identical.

0 Likes
six
Adept I

I was hoping for a solution, i see a few in this thread but nothing that seems like a fix id like to implement (gimping performance).. I have started up a return and replace process. luckily it seems like my cpu is in stock at ccl so i should get one pretty quick. 

0 Likes
devvv4ever
Adept I

I wish you luck. I ordered mine from a different vendor, just to be sure that the chance getting a very different one would be higher.

0 Likes
guisquisyb
Journeyman III

IF you have the feature PBO2: Within PBO Curve Optimizer: Set voltage magnitude adjustment for all cores to a positive value offset between 7 - 10. 
               Can lower down as low as -10 (negative ten) if system remains fully functional during burn in testing.

Temporary: Within PBO advanced settings, Set EDC limit to 200  (might bypass hard locks due to bug. Can set back when new AGESA BIOS updates fixes)

Temporary: Disable PBO AND at the same time, set CPU voltage from AUTO to OFFSET mode and add about 0.05v ! The goal is to target about 1.36 volts at idle.

0 Likes
gontos
Adept I

I have the x470 gaming plus max mb, 5900x cpu. Everything was working great for some days... Now if Core boost performance is enabled pc crashes. Do you have any updates about this issue? How did you manage this? You think I should try a different mb?

0 Likes
TrapoSAMA
Adept II

Hi!

try with this, my 5900x is stable now

Set fan speeds, etc as you would like.
Set CPU voltage to auto.
Set memory & SoC voltages, timing, frequency to defaults (or a known stable setting).
Enable PBO
Set power limits to Motherboard.
Set curve offset to 0 for all cores.
Set PBO boost override to 0.
Leave PBO Scaler at auto or start with a conservative 1x or 2x setting (you can raise this later if you wish but I have not found it to make much difference)
Optionally set PBO temperature limit to 85 (or some other value below the default 90 that you are comfortable with stress testing at).

0 Likes