Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

beastgamer
Journeyman III

ryzen 5800x random reboots

hi,

i have a amd system with ryzen 5800x, b550f g as MB, 32gb ballistix, and i am encoutering random reboots, especially when the cpu is at lower temps and low loads, such as when you close the games.......

i tried to verify if the rams is making those reboots but no, i still got the same problem, one thing i have noticed is when my headset on the is sound stuttering before the reboots and also the second screen is off but the main screen remains on and everything is freezed till the reboots.

8 Replies
JesseGTO
Adept I

I also have a 5800x and was close to RMAing it.  Ran memtest for hours without issue as well.  Upgraded and defaulted bios and system would still freeze.  Would never happen during games, but only during load load scenarios like web browsing.

Eventually I did find the culprit.  The system became stable and never saw a freeze again after disabling Global C-State Control.  Search how to disable this setting for your motherboard in the bios and see if this restores system stability for you.  For reference, I am using the ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard.

taymus13
Journeyman III

I recently did my own 5800X build and I started having this same issue of my PC is randomly restarting on me. It started after 12/19/21 when windows decided to start updating on me. I went in and uninstalled said up and my PC was fine for about 2 weeks until today when it did the restarted again.

MD: ASRock 570X PG Velocita

CPU: 5800X

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200. set in bios to 3200 (also has " intel XMP 2.0" in the newegg page, bnut worked fine before the update)

error:

A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: Bus/Interconnect Error
Processor APIC ID: 0

The details view of this entry contains further information.

0 Likes

I have similar issue, WHEA LOGGER errors and system crash reboot while playing games, sometimes after hours of gameplay sometimes sooner. I have tried almost everything, BIOS update, chipset update, windows fresh install, lower ram speed, nothing seems to fix it. Ironically I can run benchmark and stress test quite fine. 

0 Likes
ThreeDee
Paragon

What speed is your RAM actually running at? (Task Manager>Performance>Memory)

What is your fclk set to?

How are your temps?

What Power Supply are you running?

Is your motherboards BIOS up to date?

What type of cooling are you running on your 5800x?

How is the airflow in your case? You have to keep your VRM's and Memory cool too .. 

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

ballistix cl16 3600mhz speed, runing at docp default and so everything else.

the bios is ''up to date'' concidering that the i have the latest one.

everything else is at stock, cpu, gpu, ram

0 Likes

What are you using to cool your 5800x?

What is fclk set to? ..is it running at 1800 to match your RAM? 

What power supply are you running? 

What video card are you running? (only wondering to see what your power draw is)

Do you still get WHEA errors if you run RAM at "defaults" .. so 2400 or 2133 whatever your motherboard sets it at.

How is the air flow in your case? You have to keep your VRM's and Memory cool too

Is your memory actually running at 3600? (Task Manager>Performance>Memory)

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes
G1n
Adept III

Did you fix your issue? If not please run some cinebench r23 "one single run only...  no need to run the 10 or 15 min test" While running the bench, grab a picture of HWINFO showing CPU CORE VOLTAGE and SOC VOLTAGE. 
Try setting POWER SUPPLY OPTION IN BIOS TO  REGULAR CURRENT IDLE and NOT TO LOW CURRENT IDLE.
DISABLE FMAX ENHANCER.

0 Likes

I just watched a video on youtube yesterdays about random reboots its your global c state settings in bios! Check power settings in windows as well 

0 Likes