cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

makxak
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5800X Over Heat

I have Ryzen 5800x, I have NZXT Kraken X63 water cooling and ASUS ROG X470F-Gaming Mother board. In BIOS temperature on CPU is around 55-60 Celsius and in idle work mode in windows 10 without any proces and CPU load 2-10% temperature is 60-65 Celsius. In game mode CS GO for example temerature is around 72 Celsius and in stress test with Prime95 temperature goes to 91 Celsius after 5 minute test.

0 Likes
2 Replies
amdrussp
Journeyman III

Seeing this same basic complaint all over the place. I've got a decent cooler. Nothing dramatic but fairly sizable RedDragon from Microcenter and see the same thing. I'd invest in an NH12 or something but it seems so far others with those and better coolers are seeing the same issue of the cpu quickly hitting 90c when gaming or stress testing otherwise.  It's almost seeing as if they intend the 5800x to run at 90c when gaming or there is a real issue here.  I could try underclocking and volting but just to have normal operation to have to do that I'd call it a defect.  AMD needs to respond to this.

0 Likes

In fact, just set up a fan with case open blowing directly onto the cpu cooler and fan and inside Ryzen Master hit stress test. CPU jumps  immediately to 87 to 88c from temp of 48 or so. Get same result without extra fan going. I suppose I could have an issue with my cpu cooler attachment but I'm doubting it based  on the reports of others having tried reseating of their coolers.  It's not like this is the first machine I've built over the years.

0 Likes