cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

demal
Adept I

ryzen 5800x high temp, high voltage

Hello, i bought a ryzen 5800x this week and I have problems : The cpu does not do what I want it to do!

I have a gigabyte x570 aorus elite, and the voltage and frequencies keep going to high in idle. I started the PC before and it got righ to 60 degree in idle (usually is around 40) for no reason. max freq and voltage up to 1.46. The thing that I want to ask is simple: there is a way to set "boundasries"with this cpu ? can set the bios or use ryzen master to make it go from 3.8 to 4.7 GHz (under test it goes to 4.85 with default settings and than hit 90 degree and downclock to 4.4 to cool down). How can I use ryzen master to make profile to make the **bleep** cpu stay cool and quite where is not uder load ? Is there a guide to use ryzen master that you can point me towards? Thanks in advance.

3 Replies
EFermi
Miniboss

As far as I'm aware there's little that can be done via BIOS / RMaster except setting an all-core frequency and voltage. Your best bet is, I guess, Clock Tuner for Ryzen 2.0 app. You can get it, for example, here: https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/clocktuner-for-ryzen-download.html. As far as I'm aware, it should allow per-core configuration of Ryzen 5000 series CPUs. But I really didn't bother with it, just set all my cores to 4.35GHz@1.181V and it runs smoothly unless tortured by something like LinX / Prime95. I also have a 5800X. 

Officially, AMD considers temperatures of about 90°C within perfectly fine operation range, with critical being over 100°C (or even 105... I don't distinctly remember). Hence it boosts until this 90°C thermal ceiling and only then downclocks. But it doesn't mean it's actually OK to run it at that temps - you might be shortening your CPU lifespan from theoretical 7-10 years to 3-5 years, just outside official warranty support period, heh. 

0 Likes

can't I create multiple profile and switch when needed ? If I want the processor to max the frequency at 3.7 what should I do ? Is thera a way ? or can I limit the voltage ? I can't believe that I can't say to that cpu X is the maximum value dont' go over that. 

ps : the voltage does not drop under heavy load

0 Likes

can't I create multiple profile and switch when needed ? If I want the processor to max the frequency at 3.7 what should I do ? Is thera a way ? or can I limit the voltage ? I can't believe that I can't say to that cpu X is the maximum value dont' go over that. 

ps : the voltage does not drop under heavy load

0 Likes