Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Lucas25
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5700G Black Screen

Hi Everyone!

I have a Ryzen 7 5700G, and lately I've faced some black screen issues. They happen sometimes when I'm just running steam and doing nothing else. The pc goes to a black screen and I need to reebot it by the reset button on the case. Once it restarts windows no longer recognizes the GPU and the AMD drivers. I need to install them all over again to use the GPU. Is anyone else having the same issue? Can anyone help me solve it? Here's my setup:

• Ryzen 7 5700G (I'm using the cooler that came on the box)
  • ASUS TUF Gaming B500 - BIOS Version 2423
  • Corsair Memory DDR4 3200MHZ 16GB Kit (2x 8GB)
  • ASUS TUF Gaming PSU 750W
  • KIingston NVMe M.2 SSD 1TB
  • MS Windows 10 Home with latest updates
  • I've always used the latest drivers. Last time it happened I was using 22.2.2
  • 1x Samsung 24" monitor (27G1G4) via HDMI FullHD @75HZ
10 Replies
felix70x
Journeyman III

Hello, were you able to solve this? i have literally the same problem since i bought my pc and tried literally everything, i'm going crazy !

0 Likes

Saaaaaammmmmeeee bro i found soo many people with this problem amd please fix thiiiisssss

0 Likes
SNiP3R99
Adept I

the same issue from long time now I have ASUS PSU 870 it have a small monitor it show that the Watt go from 300 to 78 so I change the PSU to 1000 cuz I upgrade my GPU to 3090Ti yesterday when I update to AMD chipset 4.06.10.651everything start going wrong XD when I play games the pc freeze and I can't restart the pc I had to turn it off from the PSU I reinstall AMD chipset and will see if the problem still there.

And here im thinking getting a GPU would solve the problem can you add me on discord see we can solve it together Mini_Makram#7650 

0 Likes
lucasseiti
Journeyman III

I was facing the same issue, similar setup (ryzen 5700g + b550m gigabyte). Monitor goes black and keyboard without response after 10 minutes of gaming without overclocking. Apparently RAM is ok, passed all mem tests and I have bought a 750W PSU for future upgrades. Reinstalled windows and updated BIOS several times.

By default, Ryzen 5700g's GFX clock varies between 400mhz up to 2000mhz. I've noticed that black screen occurs when it works above 1500MHz, in my case. I set in BIOS GFX clock frequency to 1400MHz to stop black screen and it work out. Anyone knows why it happens and if there is some alternative adjustment in BIOS which I can try? Can it be a CPU issue?

One question, what voltage did you use in the GFX CORE VOLTAGE to change the GFX clock to 1400MHz? Or did you leave the GFX CORE VOLTAGE on automatic and simply lower the GFX clock until it stabilized and stopped giving the problem?

0 Likes
Woopow
Adept I

Lucasseiti, thanks for sharing that information about the GFX clock setting. I built a PC for my brother with the R 7 5700G, and it has been having the same issues since it was powered up for the first time. I haven't been able to work with it much, but what he is describing to me makes perfect sense in relation with your comment. I gave him a Sapphire Nitro RX 580 to test with. I uninstalled the AMD Adrenalin software and reinstalled it to work with the RX 580. The Adrenalin software still wants to cater to the APU instead of the DGPU. The failures continue with added failure effects. Metrics data indicates normal temperatures and frequencies from the CPU (62°C) and DGPU (85°C @1440p High settings). The DGPU is overclocked to 1400 MHz pClock and 2000 MHz mClock. I have ran this GPU for about a year without any issues from the device itself. I am tending to wonder if this is a CPU issue as well. I will be able to get to the PC this weekend and hopefully come up with a good diagnosis and resolution. 

BUILD:

• Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite with WiFi.
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5700G Processor.
  • AMD Wraith CPU cooler (stock on that came with the CPU).
  • Trident Z G Skill Cl-16 3200 MHz (8GB X 4) RAM.
  • XPG M.2 NVMe 500GB.
  • Team Group T-Force Vulkan G 1TB SSD x3 (set up for RAID Array 5).
  • Sapphire Nitro RX 580 4G discrete GPU.
  • Apex Gaming 850w PSU (for future upgrades).
  • DIYPC Vangard-RGB Black ATX Mid Tower Case (plenty of cooling). 
0 Likes

have you been able to solve it ??

0 Likes

Were you able to solve this issue?

0 Likes
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

The high speed HDMI cable might be the solution.  I am running a 5700G CPU via an standard and long HDMI cable to a 27" monitor without any issues, so I don't need to change my configuration but the bandwidth might be too much for the older HDMI cables in some gaming configurations.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes