Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

zroter
Adept I

Ryzen 5600X, random reboots and exits from sleep

Hello,

I have a Ryzen 2600 system that I have been using for more than 2 years without any issue. I wanted to upgrade it to a Ryzen 5600X.

So, I upgraded the CPU only and got the following issues immediately:

• Random resets (no BSOD, just a small freeze and the system reboots), about once a day. It happens randomly without any discernible pattern and it is not linked to a higher CPU load (I ran benchmarks without any issue). The only diagnostic I can find in Windows are 6008 events indicating that the last system shutdown was unexpected. However, it has been 3 days since the last unexpected reboot... My PC just rebooted...
  • When I put the system in sleep or hibernation, it wakes up by itself a few minutes later, indicating in Windows diagnostics that the power button was pressed (it was not). If it is totally shutdown, it does not wakeup. This happens every time I try to put my system to sleep.

Setup:

• Motherboard: TUF B450M-PLUS GAMING, BIOS 3002 (latest), default settings
  • Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16Go (2x8Go) DDR4 3000MHz C15
  • GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 
  • PSU: Corsair RM550x

As I only changed the CPU, I guess it can be either a compatibility issue with the rest of the system, or a defective CPU. Any idea, in particular for the second issue for which I did not see any similar issue here? I saw here similar random reboots cases that were solved by changing the CPU...

I am still able to send it back if it appears that the CPU is the cause.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
zroter
Adept I

Yesterday, it started to reboot in loop and not even POST... Today, I put back the original CPU and my PC starts again normally.

Case closed, it seems, the Ryzen 5600X I got really seems to be defective...

View solution in original post

11 Replies