Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Ahmed1494
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5600x Ram Speed Support 3600mhz

Hello everyone,

Now i have bought AMD Ryzen 5600X and with X570 motherboard and CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 2*8 (3600mhz) speed and this is the model number (CMW16GX4M2Z3600C18), now the question is CAN I RUN THE RAMS WITH 3600MHZ SPEED ON MY SETUP OR NO? 

AS I CAN SEE ON THE AMD WEBSITE THAT RYZEN 5600X SYSTEM MEMORY SPECIFICATION IS UP TO 3200MHZ ONLY ?

DOES THIS MATTER OR IT WILL WORK FINE WITH ME IN 3600MHZ AS WELL AS THE MY MB (AROCK X570 STEEL LEGEND) Supports MEMORY DDR4 4666+.

Thanks for your further response,

Ahmed.

3 Replies
Fastbreak
Adept I

Hi it will work for sure. 5600X can run even 4400 Mhz no issues. Officially AMD says that they can't provide warranty if you activate XMP or run higher memory clocks than what they say is the limit. I don't think is a problem if you set your own timings for your memories ( that i suppose are NOT bdie so dont push them too far. You can use ryzen dram calculator to help you through the tuning process. If you dont want to do any of what i suggested above, you can simply activate xmp profile or use the MEMORY TRY IT feature that a lot of mobo bios provide nowadays selecting your preferred ram frequency. These 2 options are maybe safer but the bad stock timings and subtimings provide 5 up to 10% less performance in gaming/desktop. Be aware that anyway, either with xmp profiles, memory try it or custom tuning, "officially" your cpu warranty would be voided. Actually i know a lot of people that still didnt have RMA problems even after hard overclocks, so just do what you think is best for you.

Regards

0 Likes
ScotchFury
Challenger

Have been running my 3700X memory @ 3600 just on the XMP profile with 0 issues  

Probably best to test using the default XMP profile & if no issues you can try adjusting the timing etc. Manually as suggest by Fastbreak

0 Likes
kurdtnz
Adept III

If the RAM is on your motherboards QVL support list, shouldnt be a problem. I run 3600Mhz RAM with my 5600X.

0 Likes