Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

nxvkumar
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5600x, Kernal Power 41 every time I try to load into a game

Hello

I need some help. I bought a RTX 3070 for my computer and I have been using it for about 2 weeks. I had to upgrade my PSU as I only had 600w now I have a 850w PSU.

I thought I’d upgrade my CPU as well to get the most out of the graphics card. I had a Ryzen 5 2600x but now I've installed a Ryzen 5 5600x (changed the bios according to my motherboard manufacturer).

As I’m about to play a game on CoD black ops, 2 minutes into an actual game the computer shuts off (this happened again). I updated Chipset drivers as well from AMD official site. Tried a different game (Battlefield 1) this happened again but just before loading into a game.

Things I've done to fix/find issue:

- Ran Cinebench R23 benchmark no issues, ran Heaven benchmark no issues

- Changed power plan to Balanced and changed power plan > advanced settings > processor power management > Maximum processor state to 70%. Same problem occurs but just takes 5/10 mins more until PC shuts off again. Changed back to High Performance now.

- Seen a reddit post suggesting to Set Voltage in BIOS to 1.3. No fix. Changed back to default.

Please help it will be much appreciated.

Specs:

Motherboard: ASrock B450M-HDV R4.0

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x

GPU: RTX 3070 FE

PSU: Corsair RM850x

0 Likes
5 Replies
thunk_stuff
Adept II

Do you still have the 600w PSU? 600w should be enough for 5600x + 3070. Could try that to ensure it's not a PSU issue.

0 Likes
BraveKiwi
Adept III

Do you happen to have a WHEA-Logger ID 18 error in the Windows Event Viewer? 

If you get this error, you might be dealing with what seems to be a common issue with series 5000 processors. Disabling CPB and PBO seem to keep systems from crashing, or playing around with voltages.

If you don't see this error in the event viewer, and you're just getting kernel power 41 on its own, i'd look at the PSU. 

Thank you so much for your answer BraveKiwi !!! I struggled 5 days to solve the same problem (auto reboot + kernel power and WHEA-logger errors). I disabled both CPB and PBO and it seems to work really good. Thank you again !

0 Likes

A bit late, but you're welcome! The latest chipset drivers + updating your motherboard BIOS to the latest possible should fix the issue by the way. Mine is now completely stable with both CPB and PBO enabled.

0 Likes
BraveKiwi
Adept III

A bit late, but you're welcome! The latest chipset drivers + updating your motherboard BIOS to the latest possible should fix the issue by the way. Mine is now completely stable with both CPB and PBO enabled.

0 Likes