cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

detrol2k
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5600x and MSI B550M Pro-VDX Wifi random restarts

So yeah, I've been having this issue for quite some time, swapping boards did not solve it however. 

Ryzen 5 5600x

MSI B550M Pro-VDX Wifi

16 Gb DDR4 HyperX Predator Black 3000Mhz

Seasonic M12II-620 EVO Edition Bronze, 620W

SSD NVME 256GB

Performance wise works really well, the restarts happen even when I am not stressing the CPU, for example when I tried to load Rust. 

Anyone got any advice please?

0 Likes
13 Replies
kurdtnz
Adept III

Just to whittle out the obvious, all drivers and BIOS up to date?

0 Likes

Currently using 7C95v26 which is non-Beta. With the Beta one I've had the same issue.

Chipset drivers used from both MSI and AMD website, no difference. 

All drivers are up to date, manually installed etc.

0 Likes
kurdtnz
Adept III

Sorry, also what GPU are you using?

0 Likes

Ah, my bad. It is a Sapphire RX 5700 XT Trixx. 

0 Likes
xlox
Forerunner

that type of restart can be caused by ram , try not to use xmp to see if it helps ... make a "load default settings" in bios and check

0 Likes

I have XMP disabled and even though the RAM is at 3000Mhz I let the system run it at 2400Mhz.

0 Likes

mmhmm ...... did you check every temperatures of your system?

0 Likes

CPu never went past 70 degrees and GPU 80. If it was overheating it would restart during heavy loads only, but it restarts even when being on the desktop.

0 Likes

sorry can't see if your pc is well mounted, i don't know your level of knowledge as we can read anything from the most stupid to the most tricky problems ... , with cooler or thermal paste not correctly mounted it could overheat at ildle too ...

0 Likes

I work in the IT Support field, assembled PC's since early 2005 without any issues so the quality of the build is not questionable. 

0 Likes

is your gpu connected with two separate power cables ?

0 Likes

Yes, one PCIE cable per power slot, a lot of people recommended that for the 5700XT in the past.

0 Likes
detrol2k
Journeyman III

Alright, an update.

I changed my PSU to a Corsair TX750M but got restarts once more, this time after each boot it tells me that wattman got restored due to an unexpected shutdown, indicated a video card crash. I switched my PCIE from 4 to 3 in BIOS, looks very stable so far. No performance lost.