cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

senami
Adept I

Ryzen 5600H hdmi issue

HDMI port doesnt work on this procesor, while on the very same laptop but with intel processor there are no problems.

I checked this even on super low budget hdmi cable, on 4k hdmi cable and on high budget 8k hdmi cable - same issue.

Please fix this. I checked this on windows 10 and now on windows 11 - still the same.

0 Likes
1 Solution

On Windows 10 it didnt worked, but on Windows 11 it did.

Solution: Reinstall chipset driver and amd graphic driver. (Works on low budget hdmi cable and on 4k cable)

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Are you saying you have the two laptop that are identical except one uses a AMD APU Processor while the other uses a Intel APU Processor?

If you aren't getting any HDMI output from your laptop have you considered it could be your laptop's HDMI port is defective or the Laptop's Motherboard is defective?

If you are certain your HDMI Port is not sending out any video outputs by using a different Monitor I suggest you have your Laptop checked under Warranty if it still is applicable.

Windows Settings doesn't show or recognize that you have a second monitor connected to your laptop?

0 Likes

Do you know if there is a bios setting that enabled/disabled the HDMI out from the CPU?

0 Likes

Are you saying you have the two laptop that are identical except one uses a AMD APU Processor while the other uses a Intel APU Processor?

Yes.

If you aren't getting any HDMI output from your laptop have you considered it could be your laptop's HDMI port is defective or the Laptop's Motherboard is defective?

I doubt it.

If you are certain your HDMI Port is not sending out any video outputs by using a different Monitor I suggest you have your Laptop checked under Warranty if it still is applicable.

It would probably work under standard monitor - i try to plug in 4k tv.

Windows Settings doesn't show or recognize that you have a second monitor connected to your laptop?

Nope.

Do you know if there is a bios setting that enabled/disabled the HDMI out from the CPU?

There is no such a thing

0 Likes

On Windows 10 it didnt worked, but on Windows 11 it did.

Solution: Reinstall chipset driver and amd graphic driver. (Works on low budget hdmi cable and on 4k cable)

I had this issue on 5600G recently.
The motherboard had one displayport output and one HDMI output.
Could only get a signal on displayport.
My operating system is Ubuntu 18.04.
But shouldn't both outputs work on boot when you enter Bios?

0 Likes